PDA

View Full Version : Tubing the Bays

working4golf
08-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Hello all! I know people here have tubed the bays of socal. I am completely dumb to the do's/dont's and the wheres/whens. I mean...can I just walk down a beach and launch into the ocean, or are there specific places to launch??

I'll go pretty much anywhere from San Diego to LA.....possibly up to SB if there is a great reason. I just am unsure of regulations, times (day or night), recommended gear etc.

I am a regular 'cattle boat' angler.....but this is an entirely different format.

Has anyone run across a thread that gives some good information to a bay tubing newbie??

chris
08-03-2008, 02:44 PM
i'd try a big harbor like newport first so you don't have to fight open water currents. i like the pch bridge

mg2969
08-03-2008, 04:08 PM
The only don'ts are the restricted areas of San Pedro Harbor that I'm aware of.

Long beach harbor especially cherry beach is real popular for float tubin
also alamitos bay either by the gondolas (aka basketball courts) or mothers beach (next to the big 2nd street bridge on appian way)

You also might wanna check out

http://baytubers.com

and their forums

http://baytuber.informe.com

Good luck

working4golf
08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks MG.....I lots of great information from those sites and the forum.

Tight lines.........

sonarbp
08-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey working4golf,

There are a few of us on here that tube Newport quite often. I myself try to get out at least twice a month, more if I am able. I have taken a bunch of people out an introduced them to tubin saltwater.

If you like we can set up a time to fish Newport and I can show you the in's and out's. Let me know.

sonarbp

working4golf
08-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Sonar,

That would be great!

Just let me know when and where the group meets next...if possible...I will definitely be there.

Wyatt-Da-Bassaholic
08-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I would love to jump in to that, never tubed in salt. i went to the site and saw mostly kayaks, when we say tubes are we talking fish cats and so on?
Wyatt Da Bassaholic/ Team Hook'em

Nessie Hunter
08-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Any one remember the "TUBER GANG" :ROFL:

sonarbp
08-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Any one remember the "TUBER GANG" :ROFL:

Was that a couple of years back with Lokey as the ringleader?

working4golf and Wyatt Da Bassaholic let me know when you guys can make it down to Newport and we can set something up.....

Wyatt, yeah I mean float tube.