PDA

View Full Version : NPH Public dock

klocked
08-02-2008, 09:20 PM
We went to a public dock in Newport yesterday. The front side of the dock had 4 people with 16 poles in front of them so we decided to fish from the upper deck. While the people down below were catching huge clumps of sea weed, we were catching calicos:LOL:... all released as usual.
Forgot my cam so no pics.

Klocked

genegene
08-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Congrats on the calicos Klocked! Great job! What up with 16 rods for 4 people? Which dock did you fish from? I remember seeing a picture of all the public docks, anyone have a jpg or link they can send me of them? PM me if you have one. Cheers! Gene

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-02-2008, 10:43 PM
haha i know what you were catching those 4 inch calicos!!! :LOL:

klocked
08-03-2008, 09:20 AM
haha i know what you were catching those 4 inch calicos!!! :LOL:

Going there I knew what to expect... my son had a blast anyways.

FISHEADZ
08-04-2008, 05:38 AM
What dock were you at??? I was on the M street dock saturday from 6:00am to 8:00pm me,my pops, my gramps & two buddys all of us only had 1 pole each and we all have 2 pole licence but we respect the fact its a small area... Fishing was great a hole lot a calicos & sandys some small butts......The highlight of the day was fighting some nice rays....

flyngby
08-04-2008, 09:04 PM
klocked,

Nice job on the outing with your son again.

Whether they are 4 inch or whatever catching a lot is sometime more exciting than waiting for the big one to come along.

Your son has already proved his talents and the fact that you 2 went back to your calico dock to find it crowded and managed to make it work for some fish shows some talents that the 2 of you have together.

It a is not so great that folks do not obey the rules and regs, but I know that your son would would be able to tell them what they are!!!!!!

Thanks to that the guy who replied about the 2nd pole sticker for contributing to the state economy as you do not need it for the ocean!!!!!

I can see the smile on your sons face even though there are no pics.

Steve

willis949
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah I was the guy that came by and offered anyone on the M street dock a spot on my skiff since my friend flaked.I know that if some guy offered my a skiff over a crowded dock I wouldv'e taken it.

troutdog
08-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Way to go Klocked, your son is already a force to be reckoned with on the salt.....glad I am not swimming around in that bay!:LOL: Keep up the good work bruddah.

TD

SheepGun
08-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Cool. Catch'n Calicos on light tackle is a blast for sure!

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
get those kids out on the water and fishing...they'll not only remember it for a lifetime but I'm sure the "bug" will last a lifetime..

Congrats to your catches but most of all on the healthy pastime you have chosen to share with your son....better than anything I can think of that money can buy.

Even if you didn't catch anything....life is there.....live it...enjoy it...I tip my fishing hat to you for taking your son out there....sometime maybe I'll see ya out there , I frequent those waters from time to time as well...you'd always be welcome to join me if I have the room .

Good fishing to ya..it's not the size of the fish that really matters in the end but those memories that last a lifetime..
Keep up the good work
Gary

klocked
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
klocked,

Nice job on the outing with your son again.

Whether they are 4 inch or whatever catching a lot is sometime more exciting than waiting for the big one to come along.

Your son has already proved his talents and the fact that you 2 went back to your calico dock to find it crowded and managed to make it work for some fish shows some talents that the 2 of you have together.

It a is not so great that folks do not obey the rules and regs, but I know that your son would would be able to tell them what they are!!!!!!

Thanks to that the guy who replied about the 2nd pole sticker for contributing to the state economy as you do not need it for the ocean!!!!!

I can see the smile on your sons face even though there are no pics.

Steve

Thanks Steve, The smallest was 4-5" and the biggest about 12" with a little of everything in between. It's funny because as we drove by and we saw how packed it was, I was planning on finding a dock less crowded. I tell my son "lets find a different dock" he replies "no dad, we can just fish where the benches are". I really didn't think that was going to work since they strung that rope up for the swimming area on both sides leaving very little area to fish but we gave it a shot anyway.

You're right about him knowing the regs too. He's learning those faster than his school work!! Everywhere we go, when he sees people catching undersized fish, he's right there to tell them it's too small to keep. They usually look at me and I smile, they put the fish back. Must be something about a kid telling an adult whats what that makes them comply:LOL:. Most of the time anyways.

I think he loves it there with the dock being so close to the water. It's definitely his favorite place. Catching fish everytime we go there helps too. You're right, he was smiling ear to ear.

Yeah I was the guy that came by and offered anyone on the M street dock a spot on my skiff since my friend flaked.I know that if some guy offered my a skiff over a crowded dock I wouldv'e taken it.

Didn't see you, but we didn't get there until 11:00am

Way to go Klocked, your son is already a force to be reckoned with on the salt.....glad I am not swimming around in that bay!:LOL: Keep up the good work bruddah.

TD

Thanks Aaron, we are look forward to fishing with you and your daughter soon.

Cool. Catch'n Calicos on light tackle is a blast for sure!

Yep, light bass on light tackle is fun for my son.:Envious:

get those kids out on the water and fishing...they'll not only remember it for a lifetime but I'm sure the "bug" will last a lifetime..

Congrats to your catches but most of all on the healthy pastime you have chosen to share with your son....better than anything I can think of that money can buy.

Even if you didn't catch anything....life is there.....live it...enjoy it...I tip my fishing hat to you for taking your son out there....sometime maybe I'll see ya out there , I frequent those waters from time to time as well...you'd always be welcome to join me if I have the room .

Good fishing to ya..it's not the size of the fish that really matters in the end but those memories that last a lifetime..
Keep up the good work
Gary

Thank you Gary, If I see you out there, I'll hold up a 6 pack of Monsters and yell "Slay Die Kill!" so you'll know it's us and you can pick us up!:Envious: Then my son can get the smack talk rolling by hooking up first!:Envious:

What matters... is like you said... creating memories that will last a lifetime. Little fish or big fish...

90% of the times we go fishing, we go some place that he likes or a place where I know he'll have fun and catch fish. Thats just how it is when you're a parent. The size of the fish he catches doesn't matter to him..... yet. When he gets older and the size of fish starts to matter, we'll go out and catch bigger fish. But for now, it's all about him... 90% of the time.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Klocked

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Thank you Gary, If I see you out there, I'll hold up a 6 pack of Monsters and yell "Slay Die Kill!"

Then my son can get the smack talk rolling by hooking up first!:Envious:

Klocked

LMAO !!!!! ROFL !!!!! thats too funny : )......

If ya had a 6 pack of monsters with ya I'd smell it if I was upwind and already be heading there....heh heh heh

I'd bet your son would catch the 1st fish....and the biggest....I'd do my damdest to see to that..

BUT even w/o help he'd probably do that...I could see it now....your son...fish in hand...looking up at me.....
Whats up Gary !....need me to show you how it's done again ??? as he cracks another Monster drink !

Hah Ha ha ....just too funny...I'm not kidding, I can visualize it in my head.....
The student...becomes the Master..

Stay on 'em....and good luck

klocked
08-07-2008, 02:03 PM
as he cracks another Monster drink !

:Shocked: :EyePop: :Shocked: :EyePop: :Shocked: :EyePop: :Shocked:

No Monsters for the young one, he's got enough energy as it is!!

((:Envious:))