PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Twilgiht 8/1

hakaveli
08-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Decided to go on the So Cal Twilight invited Poxy Boggards to try to salty for the first time . What do u know One_Leg found someone to take him to the landing as he just lived around the block from Poxy Boggards. G Money Followed as we where waiting in the landing.

Launched around 6:30pm bypassed the bait reciever as we had tons of bait( Chovies and denies) We fish the flats to the south side of the shoe. It was a easy pick on the bass. Tons of shorts. G Money got the jackpot with a monster 8-10lb sand bass. Smoked my barracuda off the water which i though i was going to get the jackpot till GMONEY pulled that sucka up.

All in all a fun trip. got to the dock at 12:00am because boat had to refuel.

any u guys decide to add a few more details post it up Gmoney , One_leg, Poxy Boggards

holla
im off the SD for some dodo and yellows

hakaveli is out

ghetto dad
08-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the invite....glad you had a great trip hak...call me when you need info, like alans # or a hook up at the landing, thats what im here for...peace

GD

Gmoney
08-02-2008, 05:35 PM
great time fishing last night......i had a blast hangin with y'all
what a great group of people on the boat last night....
lots of laughs, fun and FISH.
major props to the single deckand.....worked his butt off last. quite a few rentals and spinners on board yet everything stayed clean and smooth!
all i know is that duuuuude had to clean a ton of bass, one goat and a couple of cudas
lil bummed i didnt bring the scale......i would have loved to know exactly how big that sucka was. i weighed my 8lber a couple of months ago and this one was bigger and definitely thicker. that fish really loaded up the 15 lb inshore series. couldnt believe i bought batteries for the camera last week and they died before we were even off the dock....grrrrrr
GD....man i owe ya for steering me down the inshore/newell path...I LOVE THAT COMBO!!!

this is all i got from the cell phone

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/largesandbass.jpg

laters
G$

4g63power
08-02-2008, 06:30 PM
toad sand fish greg...congrats!

ghetto dad
08-02-2008, 08:48 PM
At least i get props for SOMETHING!! great job G...later....see ya next year....

GD

JapanRon
08-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi hackaveli and guys,

Congrats on all the fishys. Wow ... what a whopper !! Must be a PB !!

So did the plastics only (no powerbait) do any good at all ? :( If so ...... what ?

thanks,

JapanRon

supasportkid
08-03-2008, 10:36 AM
great job! thats a BIG bass!

Gmoney
08-03-2008, 04:27 PM
thanks guys
JR - yeppers, it is my PB. i kinda wish i knew how much it was so i have something to shoot for on the next one. the question is....how can you claim it to be your PB without having a target weight to shoot for on the next one.
Is this when the fudge factor comes into play with fish stories??.....maybe i'll start by claiming it was 9lb then over the years it can grow to 12
heh - i hate these kind of problems LOL

i switched half way through the evening to nothing but plastics and was still pulling in decent fish. had to work a little harder for them, naturally, but the game was still on. no doubt that JRs advice about fanning the casting area and slower bounces off the bottom was the ticket. I think i was the only one using plastics or maybe alan switched up as well at some point. 1.5 - 2.0 leadheads with 3-5" tails......i went through a few tails but the main colors were mixes of rootbeer and red or orange.

G$

k3vin_kim
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Nice grump HGH monies~!

Poxy Boggards
08-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the invite Hackaveli! It was fun slaying those sandbass. Congrats again on the JP Gmoney! We'll all have to do it again soon.

Wes

one_leg
08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Finally a report from Hakaveli.

Is it just me, or does k3vin kims avatar look a lot like YMIN72?

Congrats to you G$ on the massive bass.

O_L