PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

superpack84
08-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can get one of these caps? I need one for the other side.

bruce watson
08-02-2008, 05:43 PM
west marine

Daryl
08-04-2008, 11:28 AM
You may want to clean and repack your bearings first.

Cap'n Ron
08-04-2008, 06:18 PM
You may want to clean and repack your bearings first.

,,and is that RUST I see?

I hate rust.

There is a great thread on repacking bearings on another site, I won't mention that site here but if you pm me I will send the link. Do not take you're bearings for granted. If you have not repacked them yourself in the last two years, now is the time. Simple job, save the beers for afterward if it's your first time.

There is a great rust eater I keep on hand to bust loose tough lug nuts and other bolts and nuts that are exposed to the elements and get crusty and freeze up..

LA-CO RUST BUSTER. This schtuff is wunerbar!

Cary a grease gun with you whenever you trailer somewhere. After 30 or so miles get out and feel the hub for excessive heat. If it's hot when you touch it it time to repack. That's why you have the grease gun in case of an emergency. Shoot some grease in the hub and drive another 15 miles get out and check it.

Of course you could get trailer coverage from Boat US and if you break down they come and get you, your rig and yer boat and haul you home.

Greg Madrigal
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Good advice Cap'n Ron, and I'd like to add to that. NOW is the time to purchase some anti-seizing compound from an auto parts store. Remove one lugnut at a time and generously apply some so that the next time you need to change a tire you can actually get them off w/o professional help.

GM<><

superpack84
08-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Good advice Cap'n Ron, and I'd like to add to that. NOW is the time to purchase some anti-seizing compound from an auto parts store. Remove one lugnut at a time and generously apply some so that the next time you need to change a tire you can actually get them off w/o professional help.

GM<><

The lugnuts came off fine. I got new tires and new lugnuts, caps for it and I repacked the bearings. Now is time to clean off every part of the boat.