PDA

View Full Version : 8/01/08 Sport King

rusty6
08-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Got the call from my boss last night at 8 that he didnt need me to work friday. unfortunately, that was too late to hit up the twilight like i was hoping to, so i did the next best thing and hopped on a 3/4 day. Went to the sport king with my friend jared (tunahelper) in hopes for that epic sand bass bite that has exploded the past couple of days. All in all it was a pretty good day. Stayed the whole day trying different areas on the flats for bass and cuda. The first stop and last stop were what made the day. First stop was pretty solid for good sized cuda. Interesting thing was that me and jared both caught bass on the iron at this spot, and i caught both my cuda fishing for bass. after that, it was a slow pick on bass, a few here a few there. finally, we pull up to this last spot which was supposed to be some sort of plane wreck. WFO on HUGE bass. The great majority of bass pulled off this last spot were 2 lbs or better with a good number of 5 lb+ bass. and still quite a few of 7 lb bass caught. Jared got one of the hogs. I myself caught 4, the best being probably about 3-4 pounds. I also farmed about 15, many of them felt larger than my big one. Hopefully jared posts the pic of his toad.

JapanRon
08-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi rusty6,

Way to go on the Bass....... and cuda !! Good job on the iron !!

Await pic from buddy,

JapanRon

ghetto dad
08-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Got the call from my boss last night at 8 that he didnt need me to work friday. unfortunately, that was too late to hit up the twilight like i was hoping to, so i did the next best thing and hopped on a 3/4 day. Went to the sport king with my friend jared (tunahelper) in hopes for that epic sand bass bite that has exploded the past couple of days. All in all it was a pretty good day. Stayed the whole day trying different areas on the flats for bass and cuda. The first stop and last stop were what made the day. First stop was pretty solid for good sized cuda. Interesting thing was that me and jared both caught bass on the iron at this spot, and i caught both my cuda fishing for bass. after that, it was a slow pick on bass, a few here a few there. finally, we pull up to this last spot which was supposed to be some sort of plane wreck. WFO on HUGE bass. The great majority of bass pulled off this last spot were 2 lbs or better with a good number of 5 lb+ bass. and still quite a few of 7 lb bass caught. Jared got one of the hogs. I myself caught 4, the best being probably about 3-4 pounds. I also farmed about 15, many of them felt larger than my big one. Hopefully jared posts the pic of his toad.

great job rusty!! last nite was wfo on the twilite, wish you were there man....btw, dont feel bad...these fish this year have been mouthing the bait by the tail, not really inhaling the whole thing (like k3vin kim does)....lol....i missed like 20 fish last night....thanks for the report man....

GD

tunahelper
08-01-2008, 09:46 PM
boat got several of these fat sandbass from that one stop!!! i got my limit easy here all on anchovies!!! weather was awesome too!!!

Ambassadorhawg
08-02-2008, 07:54 AM
You are my hero! I am glad to see that somebody was able to hit them right on the head! It sure hasn't been me this year!!! LOL!

BakoBassin
08-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I used to pinhead on the Sport King around 84-85...nice boat.

JapanRon
08-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi ghetto-dad,

Tell me about it !! Half the baits I saw come up had just a few scales or a slight mark by the tail .... some times nothing ..... nothing !! Of course that was mostly the Sardines but chovies too !! All but one of the plastics bites were via dead-sticking the rubber the other one was at the end of a natural fall to the bottom + 2 seconds !!

later,

JapanRon