PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee 7-30 7-31 Overnight

Trout Nine
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I headed out to San Diego to get on the Cherokee Geisha Wednesday night. Started off
bad I got there late and all most missed the boat. I ended up leaving some of my gear that
I bought for the trip in the car. We took off about 10:00 baited up and started on our way
for some kelp patty fishing. About 6:00 we found our first patty....First cast fish on
not for long broke off...Second cast fish took me into the kelp and broke off the hook I
switched poles and same thing. Second kelp patty same story! now I'm getting upset
I take a brake and get a beer to relax, Next patty I changed strategy and things changed
first Yellowtail of the day! I start pulling in fish left and right on every stop turned out to
be a great day of fishing.
I ended up keeping 4 Yellowtail and 4 Dorado.
My Yellowtails were 23-30# and Dorado 8-15#
Boat count : 1 Bluefin Tuna 105 Yellowtail 48 Dorado
I have some pics of the trip that I took from my cell phone that I will post later when I get
my cord…left digital camera in the car, Here's some pics I took when I got home.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/T-NINE57/Picture056.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/T-NINE57/Picture060.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/T-NINE57/Picture058.jpg

These two I kelp hole for my Bro.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/T-NINE57/Picture057.jpg

Thanks to the Captian & crew for a Great Day of Fishing

I had a great time until next time see ya!

T.NINE

ghetto dad
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Kick *** job T9!! Thanks for the great report....whats up with the barbeque at your pad man????

GD

SanDimasLMB
08-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Nice! I just read the counts for H&M literally 5 minutes ago and was like DAMN!

Nice fish! Especially the Dorado :Thumbs Up:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
AMAZING im going out on the cherokee geisha this coming up monday fishing tuesday those are some quality fish nice size yellows and decent do dos..i still have yet to get my first do do hopefully they are still getting them by tuesday!!
nice report i'll be posting mine soon hopefully its as good as yours...By the way was the bluefin jackpot?

ZBA

Trout Nine
08-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Kick *** job T9!! Thanks for the great report....whats up with the barbeque at your pad man????

GD

GD,
Barbeque's this weekend at the lake, My friends are going to be at Elsinore camping so I'm going to meet them tonight.

Trout Nine
08-01-2008, 01:43 PM
AMAZING im going out on the cherokee geisha this coming up monday fishing tuesday those are some quality fish nice size yellows and decent do dos..i still have yet to get my first do do hopefully they are still getting them by tuesday!!
nice report i'll be posting mine soon hopefully its as good as yours...By the way was the bluefin jackpot?

ZBA

jackpot was a 35# Yellowtail, I think the bluefin was about 20#

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-01-2008, 02:00 PM
jackpot was a 35# Yellowtail, I think the bluefin was about 20#

Nice so the yellows were nice size thats good to hear....but knowing how the ocean is so allusive we might hit a smaller lb school who knows its up to the ocean.

mstr fish
08-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Great report and them filets look tasty. Just got back on my first 2 day. It was hell of fun. Happy that you got a few 2...............................fish

one_leg
08-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice job on the Yellows. There were lots of them near ensenada on Wed.
I got some yellows, some albies, and a dodo the size of your little one.

Thanks for the report.

O_L

soulsurfer
08-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't care what One_Leg said about you T-9.....you're the man !!!!! J/k OL. we should get together and fish sometime. Soul

JapanRon
08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi Trout Nine,

WTG on all the fishys !! Thanks for the great report and filet pics !!

JapanRon

ghetto dad
08-01-2008, 03:41 PM
GD,
Barbeque's this weekend at the lake, My friends are going to be at Elsinore camping so I'm going to meet them tonight.

:Smack:must be nice!!! have a great one man.....you ever have blackened dorado??? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Trout Nine
08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
:Smack:must be nice!!! have a great one man.....you ever have blackened dorado??? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Never... I've been looking for some recipes so I can have a new ways to try
If you have one send it.

thanks T9

jplee3
08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
NICE! i like how the fillets match the tile btw ;) :D hahaha

4g63power
08-01-2008, 05:26 PM
way to go brother! thanks for the report

Trout Nine
08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Nice! I just read the counts for H&M literally 5 minutes ago and was like DAMN!

Nice fish! Especially the Dorado :Thumbs Up:

SanDimasLMB,
Thanks, I see you were going out on the Cherokee yesterday I hope your killing them how!

ZBA

Zombie Bass ATTACK,
I hope you have a great trip tonight! The fish should still be there I'll be waiting for your pic of your first dorado.

Great report and them filets look tasty. Just got back on my first 2 day. It was hell of fun. Happy that you got a few 2...............................fish

mstr fish,
I had a chance to put some on the grill the weekend and they were delicious, what did you end up with on the 2 day.

Nice job on the Yellows. There were lots of them near ensenada on Wed.
I got some yellows, some albies, and a dodo the size of your little one.

Thanks for the report.

O_L

one_leg,
Thanks and congrats on the ones you caught near ensenada see ya soon! Legends

I don't care what One_Leg said about you T-9.....you're the man !!!!! J/k OL. we should get together and fish sometime. Soul

soulsurfer,
Thanks, getting together and fish sometime sounds nice to me.

Hi Trout Nine,

WTG on all the fishys !! Thanks for the great report and filet pics !!

JapanRon

JapanRon,
Thanks for the kind words!

NICE! i like how the fillets match the tile btw ;) :D hahaha

jplee3,
Thanks, kind of neat they do match you have a good eye!

way to go brother! thanks for the report

4g63power,
Thanks for the reply and kind words!

Thanks to all who took the time to read and to everyone who replied...Thanks for all the kind words!

T9