PDA

View Full Version : 7/30 Patriot

kwest10
07-30-2008, 06:23 PM
short version - it was good.
semi long - shoved off late and were the last ones to the tailgate. Only big dines so a lot of misses. Switched to GULP shrimp for a couple of short sandies. LA Harbor boat hooked us up with a few scoops of chovies and the bite got better. We pretty much had our limits by noon. A 12 year old girl hooked up with a MONSTER ~10lb sandie. Thing was a BEAST. I threw a couple of toads back since I hit my limit until the crew said to give my little ones to the communal bag and keep the larger ones. So I did. Chased some cudas and landed a few except for me. Got bit off twice and couldn't flyline since I suck with a bait caster and I was against the bulkhead and couldn't get the right angle to flyline which seemed the ticket. Underway back to port around 3PM. A bit short for a 3/4 day and no trip to catalina was a bit disappointing but all in all a good day and great crew.

JapanRon
07-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi kwest10,

Great little report !! Saw you guys as we parked near you. I was the guy on the Victory ........ starboard stern corner. Patriot sure is a beautiful boat. Looked like it wasn't packed to the gills as I saw some south-coast landings boats.

There was guy on the Patriot's starboard bow that was killing them for a while !!

thank you,

JapanRon

supasportkid
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
yeah the bass bite was goin off pretty good out there. i wish we woulda got in on some of the cuda action though. Good job man

kwest10
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
yea, some other boats looked like porcupines with all the rods sticking out.
There was also a small shark and Bu-FUGLY lizard fish caught.
Lots of small macs too that my dumb arse forgot to ask for since I'll be at the vine next weekend. Caught 5 or so before I remembered.