PDA

View Full Version : Excel 5 Day

greg
07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Just got off the Excel on a 5 day charter. Took off last Thursday morning and explored the southern waters (the rest of the fleet was way west) with the American Angler with little to show for our efforts on Friday except small fish. Saturday, we started fishing the southern end of Cedros were the 'tails were plentiful. I picked up the jackpot 'tail at 38.2 pounds on a 'dine with my new Avet LX 6/3. What a gem of a reel! By the end of the day, we had limits on the 'tails (if you included all the school sized 'tails we released). So much life at Cedros: bait balls, 'tail boiling, birds diving, porpoise jumping - WOW!!! Sunday, we started trolling for tuna but no luck. Yesterday, we were fishing the 371. We scored a few tuna and 'cores. I counted 16 seiners working this area! One of my goals is to catch a 100 pound tuna but the days of the 100+ blue fin are history with those seiners. I have have to plan on a 8 or 10 day trip.

My final count: 6 'tail (including my first jackpot fish on the Excel), 4 dodo's with over 20 smaller 'tails and dodo's released

JapanRon
07-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi greg,

5-dayer must have been fun ... good luck on that 100lber plus !!

JapanRon

ghetto dad
07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Good to know theyre biting......last i heard, there was so much bait in the water out there, they couldnt get the fish to bite...thanks for the report man, great job.....

GD

one_leg
07-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Nice going on the JP!

Congrats to you!

Good to know theyre biting......last i heard, there was so much bait in the water out there, they couldnt get the fish to bite...thanks for the report man, great job.....

GD

Who told you that?

ghetto dad
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Nice going on the JP!

Congrats to you!

Who told you that?

u dont worry about that alan...u just worry about yourself.....punk...lol

sansou
07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Sounds like the trip was a little tough, as far as tuna fishing, but great for the YT at Cedros!

I wish you good luck on your 100lb BFT quest!!

greg
07-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention the best part of the trip - it was Lake Pacific out there for 5 days!

ghetto dad
07-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Sounds like the trip was a little tough, as far as tuna fishing, but great for the YT at Cedros!

I wish you good luck on your 100lb BFT quest!!

I want NOTHING to do with a 100 lb bluefin...theyre all yours....

GD