PDA

View Full Version : Skunked at the surf but redeemed myself at MDR

yellowtail44
05-25-2007, 12:08 AM
I met up with JSAUCE818 and his friend Luis a little north of Santa Monica at the beach around 6:30 after work. Thanks for the invite guys, it was nice meeting the both of you. I showed up with the wrong gear, all I had was a 6' trout pole and spooled with 4 # line. Since I was there, I tried to fish swim baits. I got a bit and had it on for a whole 2 maybe 3 seconds and my 4 pound line went snap. I tied another one on and tossed and lost another swimbait and decided that my set up wouldnt work there and did not want to lose anymore tackle. Left around 8:30 and headed to MDR.

Got to MDR a little before 9 and threw my last swimbait out... it got hammered, had a bite almost every other bite and landed 5 bass and 1 croaker. Then I lost my last swimbait. I put on an assault spider grub and it was much less effective, only got 1 more sand bass. Then I was messing around and tied on a rapala bass rattler and tossed those out. I ended up catching two juvi cudas! That was super fun especially on my trout setup with 4 pound line. Then called it a day and left around 11.

Jeff

paintnfish
05-25-2007, 06:22 AM
:thumb: :thumb: