PDA

View Full Version : Swapmeet results what did u guys end up with?

hakaveli
07-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Woke up at 4am to get to the tackle swapmeet in santa ana got there at 4:45 and it was packed already.

What did u guys end up with to all that went to the tackle swapmeet

heres what i end up with

Shimano teramar 8' 12-25lb $80
Calstar westcoast 6'6" 30-50 rod $30
shimano citica 200d $20
shimano Shimano Baltica tackle bag $25 (BRAND NEW)
shimano tackle bag no (boxes used) $3
very long shrink wrap $16
5 packs of various egg sinkers $5
turk head $1
Owner pro pack ringed hook size 4 (Chovies) $16

killer deals all across the boards

calico killer kevin
07-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Dang it, I missed out.

Rooster
07-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Got there around 7:30 and was able to come across several goodies at some great prices. To many to list, but i can tell you my prize of the day was a like new mint 20 year old sabre rod $40 and a bag containing 2 pro cure, 1 red hot and 2 uni butter bottles for $15.. Also found a deal on a phenix bass rod with a team daiwa reel.

How often do they have fishing swapmeets? Alot of fun and super deals to say the least.. Enjoyed the used the best :LOL:

willis949
07-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I was there when you bought that bag of scents.I ended up getting a Shimano Corsair 400 for $10.00!!!What a deal and I also got a corvalus 300 NIB for $50.00.A new pair of Shimano needlenose $5.00 and a whole bag of leadheads,sinkers,plastics and other goodies.Definitely worth it for me cuz now I am set for anything.

hakaveli
07-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I was there when you bought that bag of scents.I ended up getting a Shimano Corsair 400 for $10.00!!!What a deal and I also got a corvalus 300 NIB for $50.00.A new pair of Shimano needlenose $5.00 and a whole bag of leadheads,sinkers,plastics and other goodies.Definitely worth it for me cuz now I am set for anything.

good deal on the corsair

JapanRon
07-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi hakaveli,

As you can see from my report ..... I went, had a blast meeting all sorts of guys from the boards and boats. Bought some this and that's too. Got there at 7:30am and left at 9:30am. As has been said, lots of great deals on rods and reels.......which I don't need and only 6500 C3's wanted.

Decent prices on the plastics-related stuff I buy. Doing only plastics, I'm kinda limited in my bargin hunting !!

Sadly, the C3's I found were uniformly ... uniformly priced at $50 .... and it also seemed as if they were well used. That's fine but I find that ....drags are the first to go on them and getting drags brought back up to snuff (for the life of the drag washers) takes a special knack .... which I haven't mastered. Hate to have to constantly break them down to get them unstuck !!

Guess I've got too many good deals at yard-sales !! ha ha ha

Congrats on the cool stuff you got !!

JapanRon

hakaveli
07-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi hakaveli,

As you can see from my report ..... I went, had a blast meeting all sorts of guys from the boards and boats. Bought some this and that's too. Got there at 7:30am and left at 9:30am. As has been said, lots of great deals on rods and reels.......which I don't need and only 6500 C3's wanted.

Decent prices on the plastics-related stuff I buy. Doing only plastics, I'm kinda limited in my bargin hunting !!

Sadly, the C3's I found were uniformly ... uniformly priced at $50 .... and it also seemed as if they were well used. That's fine but I find that ....drags are the first to go on them and getting drags brought back up to snuff (for the life of the drag washers) takes a special knack .... which I haven't mastered. Hate to have to constantly break them down to get them unstuck !!

Guess I've got too many good deals at yard-sales !! ha ha ha

Congrats on the cool stuff you got !!

JapanRon

sorry about the c3's all in bad shape. Should have haggled them down a bit or something :)