PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Area

calico killer kevin
07-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I'll be staying at the Westin in Mammoth from August 6-10 and need any info that you can give me. Hot lures, hot lakes, stocking infomation, etc. Are there any places where you can rent kayaks and other water stuff over there? I'm gonna bring three setups with various lures, powerbait, etc. I got my:
Daiwa Spinmatic/ Shimano Elf 1000 2lb. Line
Ugly Stik/ Shimano Sonora 1500 4lb. Line
Shakespeare Rod/ Shimano Sienna 1500 8/1 Powerpro
All my rods are ultralight and my reels will have fluoro leaders.

fisherkid47
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
I haven't been up there in the summer in a few years, but the marina at Lake George jigging a snot rocket always catches me a limit. Other than that I would try the mouth at Convict jigging some trout worms, and tossing some thomas bouyants. Also, one place that I know of that rents out float tubes is the trout fitter, or the trout fly. Can't remember which one it is, but its across the street form Kitchridge.

Have fun and good luck

fisherkid,

aldo818
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM
For kayaks, try www.mammothkayaks.com. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Ask for Rob and he'll help you out with any info you might need.

mammoth xfactor
07-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Kevin,
Give me a call and I'll set you up with a kayak for a day no charge. Fully loaded Malibu X-Factor, and I'll even take an executive morning out on the lake with you. I know a couple of spots that hold fish.

Rob
www.mammothkayaks.com

JIMMY JAM
07-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Kevin,
Give me a call and I'll set you up with a kayak for a day no charge. Fully loaded Malibu X-Factor, and I'll even take an executive morning out on the lake with you. I know a couple of spots that hold fish.

Rob
www.mammothkayaks.com

What a great dude!

ART HILL
07-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Now that is great customer service. Hard to beat that offer. You guys have fun.

Art

calico killer kevin
07-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I really appreciate the offer xfactor, but I can't stray from the family. I might get the whole family over there on friday, though.

mammoth xfactor
07-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Tell your folks that I can pick you up and drop you off. I live just up the street from the Westin and my shop is across the street from the Westin. I have enough Kayaks for the family.