PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Buena Vista, East Cape, Baja Sur, Mexico

plumbertom
07-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Just returned from 5 days of fishing at RBV in Baja we stayed 6 nights total.
We were picked up at Los Cabos Airport by a nice air conditioned van and transported about an hour north to the resort.
Checked in and went to our room to rig up our poles for fishing the next day.
After that was done we went to the dining room for a meal of garlic shrimp, scallops and other goodies that made a great meal. Not only was the food first rate they brought it to you until you didn't want no more.
At about 5am local time we got up and around dressed for the day fishing and went to breakfast of eggs and bacon or ham and potatoes any way you want the.
That's pretty much the way it went every day there.
The porters hauled our gear down to the boat for us and we got under way.
Started out our first day by trolling some sardines along the beach and picked up a couple of small Roosterfish about 10lbs each, then headed south for some tuna action.
We spent the day trolling for tuna and did find a couple of small ones.
Back at the resort we by 3pm we spent a couple of hours soaking in the pool and drinking beer then a short nap before dinner.
Second day we headed north and did see 5 tailing marlin and one jumper but couldn't get them to bite. no fish for that day. Back to the resort for more pool and beer.
Third day we did pick up 5 tuna, the largest was 35lbs the others were 20lbs or less.
Nothing much happened for the rest of the trip other than I hooked up with a sailfish and did a long distance release due to equipment failure. Seems I may have crimped my leader a little tight. And we did boat and release another sailfish about 100lbs.
Conditions at the resort were temps at around 95* and humidity at 100%.
water was slightly cool for this time of year and had been up and down at around 82-83.
Just not up to normal.
My small handfull of photos can be seen at http://picasaweb.google.com/plumbertom1
Feel free to view any that your interested in.

Wingnut
07-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Mr. Plumbertom: Sounds like a great trip.
I really like you collection of photos, thank you for sharing. :Cool: :Big Grin:

plumbertom
07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
I've added a lot more East Cape photos to my web album if you'd lke to revisit.
http://picasaweb.google.com/plumbertom1