PDA

View Full Version : late report: 7/20/08 lrg mack attack and small run on bonito!

spitbreaker
07-24-2008, 01:47 AM
got off work on 12am on sat, came down to redondo pier about 1am park it! getting ready for mack to stock it up again, this about fifth time of the month, been going there for mack and bonito and halibut, boy its wide open and then shut off about 4am then came back in 5am w/ larger size mack, see before my eye huge school of sardine come around the pier, keep catching, save for baits for halibuts, suddenly decide cast out farther about 70 yd out w/ sabiki guess whats on there bonito, 4 on my sabiki rig, then try it again, nothing but mack, i guess its only last about 30min or so the gone, left about 3pm, fill up two buckets of mack and large smelts, and small bucket full of sardines i am going there again this fri 1am try new method

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-25-2008, 09:54 AM
got off work on 12am on sat, came down to redondo pier about 1am park it! getting ready for mack to stock it up again, this about fifth time of the month, been going there for mack and bonito and halibut, boy its wide open and then shut off about 4am then came back in 5am w/ larger size mack, see before my eye huge school of sardine come around the pier, keep catching, save for baits for halibuts, suddenly decide cast out farther about 70 yd out w/ sabiki guess whats on there bonito, 4 on my sabiki rig, then try it again, nothing but mack, i guess its only last about 30min or so the gone, left about 3pm, fill up two buckets of mack and large smelts, and small bucket full of sardines i am going there again this fri 1am try new method

Nice job...how about some pics on the next outing...

How big were the macks and Bonita...especially the bonies...

It's been a while since I've heard/seen any bonies there..

Which pier, the sportfishing boat dock or the BIG one ?

Congrats on the catches....you might already know this but MACKERAL works GREAT for MACKERAL.

Good luck tonight,
Gary

bonestock
07-25-2008, 10:03 AM
that is awesome.

the only bonitos ive ever caught were off balboa pier a number of years ago and they were wide open too with sardines boiling under the pier, boy they put up a great fight.

Efekt
07-28-2008, 05:48 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/157k9k3.jpg