PDA

View Full Version : Cattle Boat Recs--LA Area

fish esq.
07-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi all,

Long time lurker, occasional poster on FW boards.

I'm getting a group of guys for a cattle boat trip next Friday (3/4 or full day); some experienced, most are noobs.

I'm thinking of the Pursuit out of 22nd St., but am open to any recommendations in the LA area (MDR, Redondo, San Pedro, Long Beach).

TIA

lalo56
07-23-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.22ndstreet.com/

Pursuit

Full Day Fishing Trips

Come join us on the Pursuit, one of the most spacious 65-foot boats you will ever fish on. Her 23-foot beam provides for tons of fishing room. The Pursuit provides a large galley which sits plenty of people and has 46 bunks which are open for use on daily trips.

The Pursuit departs daily at 6 a.m and returns usually between 5 and 6 p.m.

With a speed of 10.7 knots, the Pursuit can fish anywhere around Catalina Island, including the famous Farnsworth Bank. The Pursuit may also fish between Point Dume and Dana Point on the coastline, depending on which area is producing the best fishing. Catches may include yellowtail, White Seabass, Barracuda, Bonito, Halibut, Sand & Calico Bass and many assorted bottom fish. The Pursuits Captain John Woodrum, has been fishing local waters for over 18 years. Together with his friendly and knowledgeable crew, you can always expect a 100% effort from Pursuits great team.

Pursuit
ALL DAY - 6am to 5pm - $60, Includes Bunk, Catalina Freelance.

Fish count Report as of 07-22-2008
Pursuit Full Day fishermen32- 11 California Sheephead, 113 Halfmoon, 78 Calico Bass, 19 Whitefish, 6 Barracuda, 28 Bonito

-------------------------------------------
Edit

Check this report at redondo on spitfire

http://redondosportfishing.com/Fishing%20Reports.htm

I myself dont like fishing sea bass. There is an abundance of them usually, to my experience.

Im have not gone off the long beach so i cant comment.

cappo
07-23-2008, 09:08 PM
pursuit will most likely be packed if you go on the weekend. And definitely not the place to take newbs. Too many anglers = too many tanglers.

You can try Spitfire or Native Sun.

chris
07-23-2008, 09:38 PM
pursuit will most likely be packed if you go on the weekend. And definitely not the place to take newbs. Too many anglers = too many tanglers.

You can try Spitfire or Native Sun.

i'll agree the pursuit is packed.

lalo56
07-23-2008, 09:50 PM
i'll agree the pursuit is packed.

I thought that's what i said. Thats why i recommended spitfire. Spitfire has a good crew. They hook u up. I was hooking up my rod but they set it up themselves without me asking. Good crew there.

Ricky-Ray
07-24-2008, 12:22 AM
I fished on the Pursuit a few years back when I fist started getting back into fishing. Every time I went it was always packed. Wasn't really fun for a new guy trying to get back into the sport. After 4 trips on the Pursuit I went looking for another boat and found the Spitfire and haven't looked back since. Crew of the Spitfire was great, was always there to help me out way back in the beginning. I still get the same friendly service today but I do get it with more sas from them now since they know me and it's all in good fun.

fish esq.
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the input and I'll look into both boats.