PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Cruise - Need Help on Planning to Fish

LearningToFish
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I am going on a cruise with my family (with my 8 month old twins) to Alaska stopping at Ketchikan and Juneau. Can everyone give me some pointers of where or if I can try fishing from shore when we dock or try to rent a skiff or guided trip I can try to book for a half-day or short trip? Again, since I'm travelling with 2 infants, I won't be able to spend a lot of time on the water but I really want to get some good fishing in with my short 1-day time at the ports. That's why if there even decent fishing off the shores that would be great if anyone can give me some advice...THANKS!

slief
07-23-2008, 01:30 PM
I just sent you a PM with some info that may help!

fullstringer
07-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Are you goung out of Seattle,then going to Juneau,Skagway,Glacier Bay,Ketchikan,Victoria.If so great trip, Skagway has a river that runs right through town by the trains.They have king salmon that run through to a holding pond.Your ship has info at the conciere desk when you get on board.Ketchikan is the salmon capital and they have guides on the ports just waiting to take people out.But if it's not booked by the cruise ship your on your own as for time and any other extras they may have you pay.What cruise line did you use????

Fullstringer

LearningToFish
07-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks, Guys for your tips. I will be with NCL

Cangler
07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
I heard that a one day Alaskan fishing license is $77 ..

fullstringer
07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
My wife and I just did that cruise in May.If it's your first time on a cruise pm me and I'll have some more info for ya.

Fullstringer

Badfish2
07-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Just buy your lures here,.. it's probably expensive there. Milk is $11 a gallon

sky
07-29-2008, 06:36 AM
My friend just returned from a cruise to Juneau, Alaska.

He made me a DVD of the movies he took during his cruise. Everyone was wearing winter jackets, and heavy duty rain gear - (rain jackets, and pants, and umbrella's and boots) which appear to be an essential article of clothing when going on a cruise to Alaska.

He said the sun never came out the entire time he was there, and it rained 4 out of the 7 days....If you live near the coast, the sky in his movie, looked like the typical June Gloom - overcast grey gloomy and misty skies we have in California.

I hope you have nicer weather. There were some kayak rentals in a couple of the ports. He's a kayakers, not a fisherman...:Secret:

LearningToFish
08-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Sky,

Hey, thanks for the tips. The pictures look really cool. I like cold and dark days, but it's good to know what I need to consider and pack for my 2 8 month olds!