PDA

View Full Version : Back to Bridgeport

fishing_addict
07-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Well my first trip up to Twin Lakes last year got me addicted to the area. I'll be heading up there again the 2nd of October with some friends and I've been researching some other campgrounds in this area. Last year we stayed at Honeymoon Flat and got a nice little site right on Robinson Creek (which was pretty low last year). Had a really good time, however this year we're thinking of trying something a little bit more remote. I looked into Buckeye campground which is about 7 miles from the lakes and sits on Buckeye Creek. Right now this is our #1 choice and you never really know until you get there how crowded places are, but if anyone knows of any other places not far from the Twins any info would be much appreciated! Thanks... BTW I just talked to the guy at the boat house and the lakes are at the normal levels. Evidently the snow fall this past winter was much better than that crappy winter of '06/'07. FYI.....

Badfish2
07-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Check out Virginia lakes area... there are tons of campgrounds and you're just a short drive to upper and lower twin. I caught about 25 rainbows and browns at Little Virgina in about 15 minutes last time I was there.

fishing_addict
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Just checked out that area on the net.... nice, very nice. Definitely a place to stop and check out. Wonder how much colder it would at almost 10,000' than the 7000' at the Twins.... might have to pick me up a heater!