PDA

View Full Version : factory sevice for yamaha? in SoCal

riverbud55
07-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Got a new north river last month with a Yamaha 150F and also with a jet pump on it, need to find a good factory service shop for it, plan would be to use the same shop for the life of the engine

yamafish
07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Go check out Johnson Marine in Ontario. I have a Triumph CC with a 4 stroke Yamaha. They are a Yamaha factory certified shop.
Ask for John, they do quality work!
http://www.johnson-marine.com/JohnsonMarine/Welcome.html

GeordyBass
07-23-2008, 09:07 PM
sweet motor!Does it haul more ***** with the pump?

BingJr
07-23-2008, 10:02 PM
It can run in shallower water with the pump. The pumps are not quite as fast as a prop but they are awsome in rivers.

riverbud55
07-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Hey thanks yamafish them dang st(d)ealers ya never can tell about, know of some new car stealers I would never take my car into for service and Im sure boat engines are no different. Glad to see its one of the closest ones to me . thanks again

Ya bingjr has it right, ya lose about 30% of its HP, out the pump its about 105hp, boat runs at about 30mph maxed out, a lot of trade offs with the pump as compared with a prop, sucking up weeds is a problem low speed maneuverability isn't that good and a lot different then a prop and fuel consumption is high, but out on the river (the 20' - 2500 lb boat) ya can run 8 to 10 inches of water or less loaded, the dealer says the boat can run in 4" with no load on the boat

yamafish
07-25-2008, 06:16 AM
River,
No problem..

They also can get any Yamaha part you need.:Cool:
I sold a DuroBoat w/ a 15hp 4stroke Yamaha to RoosterTail. I replaced the motor cowling cover on it. Their shop as well as the local distributors could not locate this particular cowling cover.

So John at Johnson Marine ordered it from Yamaha in Japan.
Amazing customer service!
It arrived very fast!

Nice North River you got there!