PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate shark sandwich!!!!!

Greg Madrigal
07-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Easy recipe for shark. You'll be a hero with this one!!!!!!! I made this for my family and they absolutely LOVED it! I loved it more tho cuz I caught it! LOL!
You'll need:

Shark Steaks (Mako or thresher, cut into steaks)
Green Leaf Lettuce (leafed)
Beefsteak tomatoes (Sliced)
Pepper jack Cheese (shredded)
Potato buns (looks like hamburger buns)
Zatarain's Creole Seasoning
Panko Japanese bread crumbs
Your favorite condiments (Mayo, Spicy mustard, etc)
EVOO

Take your steaks and try to size them to fit a potato hamburger bun available at your local grocer. You'll also need some Zatarain's Creole seasoning and Panko japanese bread crumbs, also available at the aforementioned grocer.

Coat your steaks in EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil) and then sprinkle with a healthy dose of Zatarain’s' Now sprinkle a coating of Panko on top, and press them onto the steak to maximize stickage….Yes, I said “stickage”

Now, using your fav non-stick frying pan, drop in a few table spoons of EVOO & heat up over a med-med/hi heat until the oil tries to bunch up from the heat. (swish it around a bit to check this) The oil will smoke a lil bit, that’s ok.

Now drop in your steaks and cook for a few minutes on each side till browned and firm. The EVOO will ensure a nice crispy outside. Don’t overcook, cuz these babies are meant to be eaten MOIST! Plus, they will continue to cook even after removed from the heat. When finished cooking, remove and place in holding container, and place in your microwave to keep warm (But don’t actually turn it on!)

Now, lower your heat to low, and sprinkle some pepper jack cheese on the bun halves. Plop them face down on a now cooler pan. If you put it on while too hot, the cheese will just brown super fast and mot stick to the bun well. We want it to melt all up onto the buns first, then add heat if necessary, to brown

Now, uR ready to eat! Just serve like a hamburger, but you’ll swear you’re eating at a fancy seafood restaurant and just paid 14 buck for this baby!!!!!

EnYoy!

GM<><

chris
07-23-2008, 10:33 AM
sounds awesome i need some mako!!!
maybe i'll try it with a leopard shark i've been itching to chase them

BIGRED KILLA
07-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Ya Ya Ya when you were telling me about it it sounded Bomb i am printing it write now cant wait to try it lol thanks for the post.

Bigred