PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth 7/28 thru 8/1

aldo818
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey guys,
I plan to camp out in Coldwater creek up in Mammoth but can't seem to find any maps that detail the proximity of the bodies of water.
Can someone here help me out with a little info? What are the closest fishing spots to this campground?

thanks in advance. I've never been to Mammoth and am pretty excited to get to fishing the area.

-Aldo

dondadda
07-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I plan on my first trip to the same area a month after you. I'm interested to hear some feedback also.

My trip is more of a "guys" trip. So we want to fish, but also enjoy a nice pint at a the end of the day at some nice watering hole. (any ideas on that one!!) We probably won't camp, but stay at a hotel/condo. I do enough camping out with my kids, so I want to really RELAX.

Don

Big Country
07-22-2008, 05:03 PM
You can hit a golf ball from your campsite to Lake Mary...unless you suck at hitting golf balls. The lake is a mere 100 to 200 yards from the campground.

You have Mary, George, Mamie, etc. all within a couple of mountain miles from that campground. I fished Mary last week from the shore in front of Crystal Crag and banged out 5 rats in 30 minutes. Not my favorite lake to fish up there, but nonetheless, an easy place to catch fish.

As for throwing a few cold ones back, go to either Roberto's or Grumpy's on Old Mammoth Rd and hit the bar on the 2nd floor at both places. Lots of tv's and good beer and not too overly priced. 10 minutes back down the road from your campsite, but watch for the popo as they patrol the area heavily.

fish'n fool
07-22-2008, 07:15 PM
If you are member of AAA, they have a really good map of the Eastern Sierras. Shows all the lakes and campgrounds and creeks. Ditto on the proximity of Lakes Mary, Mamie and George and Twin Lakes.

Flying
07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/346vlv4.jpg

Twin Lakes is just out of view at the top

sky
07-23-2008, 12:47 AM
That's a mighty fine tool Flying- :Envious:

Thanks again for sharing it with me.

sky

aldo818
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Thank you all! I'm hoping that the weather will stay nice enough. It looks to be pretty good so far...