PDA

View Full Version : SD/Mexico Sandbass

deanhall32
07-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Went out on the Jig Strike for a 3/4 run for sandbass and possible YT.

Load-34 (ouch!!)
Boat length- ( 55 ft. ) OUCH!

First stop was the mud flats south of Imperial Beach. The boat had limits of sandbass within an hour and a half. ( Mexican limits of 5 each )
We then headed out to the Coronado Islands where there was very little traffic and even smaller action. No yt or bonito or anything else. Jackpot was the only lingcod caught which weighed about 5 lbs.
Slow action on a GORGEOUS day!!

cappo
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
you already know what im gonna say lol. Good job out there. Heard bassin up there is wfo right now.

deanhall32
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey Cappo,

Yea-Where are the pictures!! I'm trying tonight again on the Prowler on a day and a half so hopefully the report will be a little more interesting and I can bum a camera off someone else.

Ricky-Ray
07-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow nothing at all at the Coronado's, I'm surprised. Then again this has been a bit of a weird year. Nice going on the sandies. Good luck on the Prowler tonight.

deanhall32
07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey Ricky-Ray,

Actually, I'm going out on the Ranger 85. Much bigger than the Prowler. The Coronado Islands had only 2 other boats out as most stayed in closer to the beach and loaded up on the sandbass. The sandbass were big ones averaging 3-4 lbs. Nice ones but after fishing bottom stuff all winter with GD and crew it was boring as all heck.

Gmoney
07-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Deano
hope all is well for ya
thanks for the report - hope to fish with ya soon

GL on the Ranger

laters
G$

Oz
07-21-2008, 07:17 PM
better luck next time dean-o on the exotics...as long as u had a great time with the great weather thats all that matters...good luck on ya day and halfer.

ghetto dad
07-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey Ricky-Ray,

Actually, I'm going out on the Ranger 85. Much bigger than the Prowler. The Coronado Islands had only 2 other boats out as most stayed in closer to the beach and loaded up on the sandbass. The sandbass were big ones averaging 3-4 lbs. Nice ones but after fishing bottom stuff all winter with GD and crew it was boring as all heck.

Sorry dean, i know the structure bass needed way more talent than you have this past winter....youll get em next time...:ROFL:
what did you pay for that 5 sand bass limit, no yellowtail trip???
oh yeah, thanks for the report man....lol

GD

MR. J
07-22-2008, 12:04 AM
damn. i've been looking at the counts down there and its been pretty much wfo on the bass. there's a 60 percent chance i'll head down there for a 1/2 day morning trip this thursday if the bite stays consistent. but if they start biting up here, then maybe i'll stay here.

deanhall32
07-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Sorry dean, i know the structure bass needed way more talent than you have this past winter....youll get em next time...:ROFL:
what did you pay for that 5 sand bass limit, no yellowtail trip???
oh yeah, thanks for the report man....lol

GD

Hey GD,

The cost of a 3/4 day Coronado Islands trip is $95 with a $5 fuel surcharge. I looked around and I think that is pretty standard for the landings down here.

deanhall32
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Alan,

Who cares. Here's the recap:

Sunday-3/4 Coronado Islands
Monday night thru Wednesday Morning- 1 1/2 day on the Ranger 85
Tonight ( Wed-Thur) Overnighter on the Sea Adaventure 80

And I probably won't take pictures because I probably won't catch anything!!

Gmoney
07-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Alan,

Who cares.

coach- who ya talkin to?

at least you can drive yourself to the landing....way to rep the "bbfc w/ vehicles crew"
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

oh man i make myself laugh

G$

one_leg
07-23-2008, 10:29 AM
coach- who ya talkin to?

at least you can drive yourself to the landing....way to rep the "bbfc w/ vehicles crew"
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

oh man i make myself laugh

G$

I bet that isn't all you do by yourself.......:Neutral:

:ROFL:

Great report Coach!!!