PDA

View Full Version : My First Shogun Tournament

greg
07-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Finally got a chance to fish in my first Shogun Tournament. Chose to fish on Friday in George's bass boat. Started in Hilton with a few small (1 pounders which is the standard Crowley trout). Moved into the West Shores in 12 feet of water (just south of the drop off) where we caught and released over 30 fish. When the bite slowed down, we moved deeper, into 15 feet of water (again, just south of the drop off). I nailed a 2 pound 10 ounce fish, good enough for 39th place. My brother-in-law, Jim, caught a 3 pounder and finished 25th. The 2 winning fish were a 6+ and a 5# 10 oz browns caught on the troll. A fun tournament. Plan to fish it again next year but with my kids.

Badfish2
07-21-2008, 04:23 AM
yeah, crowley has been good this year... I might have to hit that place up even though I'm not really a fan

INDOANGLER2
07-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the report, I was wondering how the fishing was there. I am going to be up there the week of 8/4 and I haven't seen many Crowley reports especially one like this.

What were the fish biting on and were there any perch in the mix?

troutdog
07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Sounds like a good time, congrats on the trout!

TD

chris
07-22-2008, 09:15 AM
congrats on tournament. where did you hear about it?

greg
07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I eat that Robbie Tani's restaurants (Shogun in Mammoth and Yamatani in Bishop) a few times a year and I've gotten to know them. I've known about this tournament for years but this is the first time I've fished it. I really like his Bishop place. After dinner, try dropping off your business card with Robbie and that should get you in...

chris
07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I eat that Robbie Tani's restaurants (Shogun in Mammoth and Yamatani in Bishop) a few times a year and I've gotten to know them. I've known about this tournament for years but this is the first time I've fished it. I really like his Bishop place. After dinner, try dropping off your business card with Robbie and that should get you in...

your the man greg thank you