PDA

View Full Version : Sea Angler 7-20-08

swimbait101
07-20-2008, 07:24 PM
My mom's chef teachers invited us on the Sea Angler on 22nd street. when we got to our first spot, i did not catch anything but some people caught some good-monster size salmon groupers. my mom got two but i went to our bag and only found 1 because one of the deckhands took one because you can only have one fish. then we went to try to get some snapper, only 2 or 3 people got them. Our next spot we were catching LOTS of sculpin, it was very fun with 14lb test. used cut squid and live chovy's. I got 2 limits. i caught a little eel-like thing too. The other spots next were junk, tiny 5inch fish that when we threw in the water, floated and got picked by the birds.(funny site to see)All the fish from deep water had d*ck looking things out of their mouths. For you guys that dont know, it is the air bladder.

dinner is BIG

Custard
07-20-2008, 09:40 PM
sounds like u dont know how to fish :)

bruce watson
07-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Sounds more like someone who's learning. Like we all did at one time.

BIGRED KILLA
07-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the report nice you got on some fish Custard thats not cool dude.

Bigred

murrieta angler
07-21-2008, 09:49 AM
The deckhand who took out 1 of your Boccacio ( Salmon Grouper ) was wrong. You are allowed 1 per person, not 1 per bag. Next time you'll know better. Other than that, you got to go fishing, caught some fish and spend some quility time with your Mom. GOOD JOB!

JapanRon
07-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi swimbait101,

Good report ...... WTG of the fish !!

JapanRon

pokerface12
07-21-2008, 02:57 PM
The deckhand who took out 1 of your Boccacio ( Salmon Grouper ) was wrong. You are allowed 1 per person, not 1 per bag. Next time you'll know better. Other than that, you got to go fishing, caught some fish and spend some quility time with your Mom. GOOD JOB!

We all know the limit is one per person, but how is a deckhand to know that bag was shared by two people. If DFG was to board the boat it might get a little tricky, I think the deckhand did it to cover his own a**. DFG wardens may also cite the crew of a boat if passengers violate certain fish and game codes. This is why a lot of landings dislike the practice of sharing gunny sacks. Next time get two gunny sacks and this problem wouldn't occur. Goodluck on your next fishing adventure, Pokerface

swimbait101
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
i did have my bag but my mom told me to put it in hers. we got another fish but it was not as big

fish_sauce
07-21-2008, 06:01 PM
All the fish from deep water had d*ck looking things out of their mouths. For you guys that dont know, it is the air bladder.

i just about rolled around on the floor a couple of times when i read this...lol...hilarious description dude! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: thanks for the report!

F.Y.I. Swimbait101, that thing in question is actually the fish's stomach that got pushed out by the expanding air bladder, and not the air bladder itself. Here is an interesting link by the DFG that briefly talks about the science behind barotrauma and how it affects rockfishes that dwell in the deep...enjoy!

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/pdfs/release.pdf

cappo
07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
two of my buddies were on that trip also, ones a chef.
sucks about the slow fishing.