PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Stripers from Shore.

Shore Stalker
07-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Is there any where that I can catch Ocean Striped Bass form shore?

soulsurfer
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Ahhh, the elusive salt water stripers. Believe me, tons of guys on here would love to tangle with one. Mostly incidental catches from what I see. There's a guy who used to run Posu in San Gabriel and he used to have pictures of stripers caught in the salt. His shop is gone now. Anyhoo, but he used to go fish off the rocks. It can be done, just got to have lots of luck on your side.

vagabond
07-18-2008, 02:09 PM
atlantic city,NJ.i was slaying them with my pops yrs ago when he used to live outhere,we used huge pismo looking clams,i think they fight better then the freshwater striper,maybe its just me..havent heard of any catches out here in the salt

buttface
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
not sure where you can get a stripper but I heard the chupakabra bite is going off at dockweiler.......

tpfishnfool
07-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Good luck in so cal. Try north or east coast.

Wingnut
07-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Ahhh, the elusive salt water stripers. Believe me, tons of guys on here would love to tangle with one. Mostly incidental catches from what I see. There's a guy who used to run Posu in San Gabriel and he used to have pictures of stripers caught in the salt. His shop is gone now. Anyhoo, but he used to go fish off the rocks. It can be done, just got to have lots of luck on your side.

Ahhh yes, the "Elusive" One indeed. Ultra rare and comes when you least expected. Highly prized and on top of my surf species list. :Twisted:
One day... our paths will cross in the surf... maybe as early as tomorrow. :LOL: ;) :Envious:

steve092
07-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Ahhh yes, the "Elusive" One indeed. Ultra rare and comes when you least expected. Highly prized and on top of my surf species list. :Twisted:
One day... our paths will cross in the surf... maybe as early as tomorrow. :LOL: ;) :Envious:

You will be an even BIGGER surf god if you catch one in the surf. That report you posted about catching the Salmon just blew my mind.

Simplyeman
07-24-2008, 01:17 AM
a member on the forum mentioned fishing near the bay area up north for stripers.

Simplyeman
07-24-2008, 01:19 AM
found it......

[quote=FISHINGBEE;217615]Since you was at Pismo Pier and enjoyed it 10 miles north is Avila Beach. There is Avila Pier and it usually is full of macs and jacksmelt. Heck even an occassional Salmon on good years. Pismo is the best pier to fish Threasure Sharks they are on the small side sometimes plentiful. Even some bonies on warm water seasons. Two miles North I have to give the Old port in the best chance to catch Macs,Jacksmelts Walleye perch. You can drive onto this pier and after chumming the smelts always seem to show. Do not go to the bottom its all surface fly line squid or mackerek chunks. Some use balloons shrimp flies with bait. Oceanside is a great pier the old pier is still out to the right hand side. The pier is sumerged leaves great structure. Can be hot for Calicos and Sculpin at night but be prepared to loose some gear. This pier also has great shark and ray fishing,Sardines,Mackerel,sometimes Bonito, Even a Yellowtail or two. Halibut and Sea bass sometimes show. Even way further north SF bay San Mateo pier is a mile or so long. Has the best leopard shark and bat ray fishing i ever seen. Even a seven gill at times. Sturgeon, Stripers, Jacksmelt, when in season. The Pacifica Pier holds Salmon when in season and stripers perch and kingfish.