PDA

View Full Version : Fish Trap Plastics!!!

familyguy15
07-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Bought some Fish Trap plastics in green mackeral 4". What color of jig head should I use, any suggestions?

sonarbp
07-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Some guys swear by the color of the jighead but I have found that the color really does not matter. I tend to use just plain jigheads because they are cheaper and I catch just as many fish if not more than my buddies. If you really need to have a color head try a chartruese or a white head.

cappo
07-18-2008, 08:53 AM
i agree with Sonar. I've just as many on a plain leadhead. If I do get the painted jigs, i stick with blue and greens, sometimes brown.

fishhead
07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I fish alot of plastics..I see the crew on the sporties fish mostly plain unpainted..the painted ones look very nice..it might make you have more confidence in the lure,THAT is very important when fishing the jig..the most important part is rigging it right so it swims straight and matching what the fish are keyed in on...when they are chewing? ..who cares?..its when they want ONE color,size,type,retrieve etc.. that's the tricky part.

klocked
07-18-2008, 12:00 PM
I fish alot of plastics..I see the crew on the sporties fish mostly plain unpainted..the painted ones look very nice..it might make you have more confidence in the lure,THAT is very important when fishing the jig..the most important part is rigging it right so it swims straight and matching what the fish are keyed in on...when they are chewing? ..who cares?..its when they want ONE color,size,type,retrieve etc.. that's the tricky part.

Well said Fishhead!!