PDA

View Full Version : whats the best to get

fishrookie
05-23-2007, 09:05 PM
i want to get me a tube but don't quite know which one or gear to buy.
I've been looking at that fat-cat at sport chalet is it any good. any info would be nice. :cry:

Nessie Hunter
05-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Most of the Tubes have pro's and con's to them.. I have an ODC and like it a lot..

$$ Dictates what most of us buy. I would try to start with as good a Tube as you can. The "V" shaped ones are better then "U" Shaped ones, less drag, more room, sit higher....

I do like the Creek Co ODC as it has 2 main bladders (Safety) and the fill valves are within reach (one in each pocket) I can easily regulate my air pressure while Tubing, or compensate for a slow to med leak (had one so far while in the bay)...

Little things you dont think about if you are new to Tubing, but learn the hard way while out there...

Get the best you can afford. But look for extras that you want/need also....

O
05-24-2007, 11:01 AM
like Frank said, buy the bst you can afford as long as youre going to get your $$$ worth out of it! tubing can become as much as a hassle as boating it seems :lol:

I started with this water skeeter daytripper and used it several times and fell in,love with tubing...bought a fishcat 4 and used the waterskeeter as a back up...
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=2184
can sell you the waterskeeter for preety cheap $70 and you'll love it...stilll gotta buy...fins,waders,net,pole holders,finder,etc...

HOT SPOT fins $ 80
waders$ 80-200

gets expensive reel fast! dont skimp on fins! HOt spots are the best!

Ghost
05-24-2007, 09:31 PM
WAAAAAHHHHHHH(CRYING LIKE A BABY)....I'm still waiting for my Hotspot fins........sob. :cry:

Also checkout Outcast Fishcat 4, if you're under 250 lbs, it's a great tube.

fishrookie
05-24-2007, 10:04 PM
thanks for the info

Git R Done
05-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I HAVE A ORG. U BOAT & ITS SWEET. HAS PLENTY OF ZIPPERS FOR ALL YOUR STUFF & COMES WITH SOME FINS PAID ABOUT 75.00 FOR IT

FishSum
06-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Most of the Tubes have pro's and con's to them.. I have an ODC and like it a lot..

$$ Dictates what most of us buy. I would try to start with as good a Tube as you can. The "V" shaped ones are better then "U" Shaped ones, less drag, more room, sit higher....

Nessie...............What about sitting higher is better?
I have a fishcat 4 and sittin high is what was really weird for me to get used to.My brother sits real low in his ol school tube and it seems much more comfortable and stable when fishing.Granted,Yes my fishcat is much faster on the water it just seems being lower in the water is more stable and comfy.Not to mention my fishcat has crap for storage also.
:?:

Sea Murda
06-01-2007, 11:02 AM
you cant get wrong with a Navigator II 8)