PDA

View Full Version : West Puget Sound Action

fishnFF
07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I am new to the WA area. I grew up an dlived in So Cal until August of last year so I am still trying to get used to fishing up here. I have not had much luck from the docks yet and have no boat so I am doublely screwed. But even though I have not had much success I am determined to get something worth while. I know they are not the best but after a lot of trips with nothing biting I was happy to get some dog fish and a tiny flounder. The I tried a local lake and got some small trout and a decent largemouth. Any one with tips for fishing the Sound with no boat would be appreciated.

tacklejunkie
07-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't think I can help much, but nice pics and good job sticking it out.
That looks like a lil hali there maybe and a good 3-4lb largie! Nice fish dude :cool:

flyforfish21
07-17-2008, 03:37 PM
nice fish man, i'll be moving up there in a year for school...i don't know how its going to be, but i know there is a lot of water there...just stick it out and learn the waters...my boat will be done by then, maybe we can go fishing when i move up there...lol...keep at it, you'll get some nice ones...

flyforfish21

flyngby
07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Tim,

I knew you would find a better way to get in touch with me as I seldom check my personnel e-mail and get rid of the spam!!!

Welcome to the Board!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see ya get on some fish up there finally.

I look forward to your visit and get together on my vessel where ever I decide to let you in on some of my successful locations!!!!!!!!

I have not fished the Puget Sound since I was a 10 yr old on a visit to my Grandparents near Seabeck. I still remember using an old wooden close hanger tied to a rope with a a hook attached to both ends of the bottom for the flounder 2 at a time, digging steamer clams and a great meal that evening.

Nice start in the Sound and looks like you have a nice freshwater back-up for some Quality Large mouth!!!!!!!!!!

See ya Soonnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

Flyngby AKA (Steve)

Wingnut
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Welcome to FNN, thanks for sharing. :cool: :D