PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time Surf Fishing!!!!

familyguy15
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, I finally did it, my first saltwater fishing adventure and WOW, was it a blast. After reading all the saltwater posts and getting tips, i figured it was time. Started off throwing a Kroc spoon in green mack for nothing. Dont know if i was working it right or what, but i got nothing. So I figured I would try this Surf Perch crack/candy everyone talks about, the sandworms in camo color. Fricking awesome, 3rd or 4th cast I got a small surf perch. I was so excited I damn near fell off the rocks and into the water. Only got about 6 or 7, one of them being pretty big, but I kept getting bit right and left. Dont know if i was using to much worm or to big of hooks. I have to say it was reall fun, Im going back tomorrow along with my wife, she was there to but was holding our baby. Thanks 57 for the really informative surf fishing 101 post, it really helped ALOT!!! Took some pictures but STILL HAVE NOT figured out to post them. Till next time!!!

Fisherman57
07-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Uh oh......... you're in trouble now!

That's how it all starts ya know..... a perch here and there, and then ya just gotta get a halibut!.. Then a LEGAL halibut.... and it just gets worse and worse! LOL!

CONGRATULATIONS on getting out there and enjoying what is IMO the best kind of fishing in the world!

Make sure to read the tide charts and understand them as that will improve your odds.... check out the photo section for a few tips on posting pics!

Keep at it and you'll be a pro in no time! Good luck!

I look forward to seeing ya on the sand someday!

CrabMan
07-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Familyguy,

When you get a chance go to photobucket.com and within a few minutes you can upload pics and post them to this site. You can also create a slide show and email it to friends.

We can't wait to see the pics!:LOL:

GOTFISHUES
07-16-2008, 09:25 PM
thats awesome man, congrats, soon your tackle box will consist of packs of 'gulp', size 6 mosquitos, small swivels, and 1/4oz sliding sinkers. with the croc of course and occasional L/C, good luck out there manana'

GOTFISHUES

Wingnut
07-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the addiction. :LOL: :Envious:
You will learn something new with every trip to the salt.
Glad that you finally took the leap to the surf. :cool:
Well done on the Perchies!

gavin310
07-23-2008, 10:24 PM
the camo sand worms aren't crack for perch, they're crack for surf fisherman. multiple threads have been started about finding a good deal on CSWs in bulk...