PDA

View Full Version : Victory 7/16

MR. J
07-16-2008, 07:18 PM
My report will be brief as I will leave it to JapanRon to give the details. Good meeting you today.

48 anglers on the Victory targeted the cuda in the morning and attempted to land the calicos in the afternoon but could not get them to bite. Before we came home we filled up sacks with sculpin. All morning long, we chased schools of cuda. it wasn't that wide open but good. I fished off the bow the whole day, throwing Tady 45s and Cs in various colors, catching half limits. The cuda were either too short or just jig followers. The highlight of my day was catching a real nice sand bass with a blue and white Tady C. I let it hit the bottom and slowly retrieved it to hopefully get the suspended cuda to bite. I thought I had a cuda because of the way it hit but when I brought it up, I was real surprised.

ghetto dad
07-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Great report man, thanks alot...yeah, sand bass CHEW the iron quite often....
GD

pokerface12
07-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Sandbass on the iron, NICE. I love it when they do that.

JapanRon
07-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi Mr. J,

Lots of fun fishing today, but more than just exchanging board names... having a chance to BS on tihs and that fishy stuff with another who's got heart on the subject !!

Glad I got a pic of that Sandy and will post it in our 07/16 report !! How about those very big rattlesnakes you and our buddy caught too !?

later,

JapanRon

Speed God
07-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Good report Mr. J.

Thanks.

BTW:
What did everyone catch the sculps on?

Something in particular?

calico killer kevin
07-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Good report Mr. J.

Thanks.

BTW:
What did everyone catch the sculps on?

Something in particular?

I'm guessing squid strips?

MR. J
07-16-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm guessing squid strips?

plastic enthusiaasts used strictly plastics and it worked really well for them, most others on the boat were using plastics tipped with squid or strips of squid by itself on multi-hook rigs with a 4 oz torpedo sinker at the bottom.

MR. J
07-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Hi Mr. J,

Lots of fun fishing today, but more than just exchanging board names... having a chance to BS on tihs and that fishy stuff with another who's got heart on the subject !!

Glad I got a pic of that Sandy and will post it in our 07/16 report !! How about those very big rattlesnakes you and our buddy caught too !?

later,

JapanRon

Yeah, we should've brought those out. i think my buddy gave his away. I was more proud of the sandie because it was a rare specimen today.

Oz
07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
wtg on your day fishing :cool:

Great report man, thanks alot...yeah, sand bass CHEW the iron quite often....
GD

it must be a miracle...the great one has come out of hiding :Rolls Eyes::LOL::cool:

JapanRon
07-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Ho oslito,

The great one hiding ? .... that must be you !! I got a list of guys I want to meet face to face (and know about it at the time) and you're one of 'em!! ha ha ha

Seriously ... I ask a number of guys if they were 'kicker' and lo-and-behold ..... there's another bunch of board ... no ... not bored ... but ....board guys comin' out of the woodwork. I'm sure there were a few still in the closet ...... but that's ok !!

Have as yet to take a trip with the bad boyz which would take a lot of guys off my list !!

JapanRon

Gmoney
07-17-2008, 11:25 AM
cool report and nice picture
props on the iron loving sandie

its time to schedule a bbfc trip for all of us and those that are interested

G$