PDA

View Full Version : the best 3/4 day? Little miss wants to nail the Yellows!!

landlocked
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm a native to So. Cali and live in Indiana now. I will be out in June with my 6 year old daughter to catch the yellows and other big fish. I used to go out of Davey's on their boats (3 years ago). I've heard some bad stuff on them though. I dont mind driving a little if I have to. My daughter wants it to be memorable and she wants the big ones! Cmon... Where should I go guys? Pics will follow when we get home. What boat captains work the best to put you on the big ones? Who can I trust? I cant let the junior fishergal get the skunk. This is a memorable daddy/daughter moment. She's used to catching freshies (Indiana kids just dont know what its like to catch a 15-20lb yellow... she wants to experience what you guys have the benefit of). Dont mind spending a little money. I'd like to catch yellowtails, Barries, Hali for sure!, and Bonito. If anyone wants to join us (of course I cant pay for you :wink: ) we'd love to have some company. Might buy ya lunch though :lol: Can any of you help make this memorable for a future fishergal? We're gonna be in So. Cali June 22-29. I dont want to go on the weekend. Too many people! I'll be paying more attention to helping little miss bring in her lunkers. This is a great site. All of you are VERY helpfull!!

fishnfool
05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
The first string got 96 yellows today...overniter...out of LA Harbor

valhalla_1_2000
05-23-2007, 05:54 PM
If you're maximum trip time is 3/4 day and you're looking to score some yellows, I would suggest either the San Diego or Mission Belle out of Seaforth Sportfishing in San Diego. They'll go to the Coronado Islands where you always stand a chance at some decent sized yellows. If you've got the time though, you're much better off going on at least a 1 1/2 day trip.

Re8elmonk0341
05-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Point Loma out of SD is pulling some yellows too. Would LOVE to go with yah man but I have a yellow tourney that month and my wife only let me play on the water once a month....maybe if im good. :?

landlocked
05-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks for all your input. From what I've seen in reports the "Point Loma and Mission Belle" have been posting, it seems that the Mission Belle gets better #'s on the YT. From anyones personal experience, is this correct. Which one would you take on a 3/4 day? Generally, how good should the bite be for YT around late June? I know the Yellows have just really begun to bite now that the water is warming up. Do they usually get as thick as the Bonito, or does it remain hit and miss thru the whole season?

Again, thanks for any info you can give. My daughter is extremely excited about this trip. She's just getting old enough to really start having some fun, and I dont want to disapoint her. :D