PDA

View Full Version : LBC "Breakwater" 7/14 on the "Snook Hunter"

fishhead
07-15-2008, 11:27 PM
What started out as a slow and windy night ended up being our best night yet.
Erik and I launched the boat at around 6 PM last night and were greeted with lots of wind. To make matters worse, none of our daytime spots produced and by dark, we'd only managed 4 fish.
After the sun went down, the wind backed off and by 9 PM it had died almost completely. Taking advantage of the conditions, we worked an area of the wall that was too rough to fish last week and it paid off big time.
We ended up with over 20 fish for the night and at least half of them were big ones. Our big sand bass for the night was close to 7 and our big calico went 5 lbs. I got assholed x2 by BIG MO'S ..at one point I couldn't turn the handle..the rod is just jumping..these fish pull hard..I fish 50 lb spectra and 25-30# topshot..buttoned down..I had the hot hand on the big fish and at one point had 4 three pound plus fish in 5 or 6 casts.Early in the night Beak had 5 fish before I got one..I felt like I was on the "So Cal"all over again..We are trying new areas each time we go and learning new patterns.The boat is the perfect wall boat..we are stoked for sure.We will be back next week.
I think that the pictures speak for themselves.
I don't know how to make the pics bigger here so just click on them..till next time..

Ricky-Ray
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the report. Great pics.

Fishtaco
07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
It's about time the toads come out to play. WTG Matt.

chris
07-16-2008, 09:33 AM
nice fish way to go
we launched at davies on sat night and the wind was howlin through the bay and made it look like a washing machine

JapanRon
07-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi fishhead,

So ..... we have another 'boat' personality !! The 'Snook-hunter'. We've had the 'Rubber Duck', the 'Tin God', the 'Float-sum, and 'Rivits', and now ... You ... welcome to the club !! Say hello to Snook-hunter for me !!

JapanRon

fishhead
07-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi fishhead,

So ..... we have another 'boat' personality !! The 'Snook-hunter'. We've had the 'Rubber Duck', the 'Tin God', the 'Float-sum, and 'Rivits', and now ... You ... welcome to the club !! Say hello to Snook-hunter for me !!

JapanRon

Hey Ron,,the "Snook Hunter" was named by its old owner..its just lame enough for us..every bass we catch is just that much closer to the elusive Snook...We keep hunting..

JapanRon
07-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Hi fishhead,

Quite agree. I love quirky boat names that give the creatures ... ops ... boats ... a personal, and familiar ring. After all, we share some of our best experiences with them and they must become sort of family !!

JapanRon

steve092
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Good goin' on the ocean bass.