PDA

View Full Version : two spots 7-15

tacklejunkie
07-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Hit BCSB and another jetty today. Got hali's at both spots.

BCSB has become a zoo, especially for a weekday. It's tough to split a few fish between 20 people :p
I caught a couple hali's there and of course, lost two more for sure legals. This one guy was watching me battle one for a good minute and then he was laughin' as my LC flew out like a rocket. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dang man, I can get huge fish to bite like every outing but I always lose them! Kinda sucks but oh well.

Caught a couple at the second spot too. A few on the LC and a few on the drop shot.

All fish very short and the two legals I lost. I'll get pics up later off my celly. I'll be kickin' myself for a while after all these lost fish :(

Also picked up my rod from big fish bait and tackle. Couldn't even remember what guide I broke on it they repaired it so well!

matt duarte
07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
sweet! glad you had a blast! wish i could of been there... ill drop that rod oof at ur pad today... im off work like in 5 min... gotta scrounge around for some gas money...damn titan.... anyone want a titan? haha 412 a month IT WILL HELP YOU FISH LIKE TJ lol thats my sales pitch

tacklejunkie
07-15-2008, 03:38 PM
IT WILL HELP YOU FISH LIKE TJ lol thats my sales pitch

Lol, they shouldn't buy it then. The letdown of all the big fish I lose alone is enough to discourage the hell out them. :p

Vman
07-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey TJ, have you checked your hooks? Just wondering.

tacklejunkie
07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey TJ, have you checked your hooks? Just wondering.

That LC has about 10 fish on it I think.

Next trip out I'm going to use a brand new lcfm110 metallic sardine straight from the box. I can't believe it. I've been hooking great fish! I have the ability to draw them out but I can't land them suckers. Same with those trouts on the fly. It's on now fishies!

I'm starting to wonder if my rod is too stiff maybe and I'm yankin' the hooks. I'm gonna try a lighter tip next time and a fresh lure.

tacklejunkie
07-15-2008, 04:43 PM
OK,
slapped some new sticky gamakatsu hooks on.
If that doesn't work with the faster rod tip I'll probably start pullin' hair out :LOL:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/DSC_0028.jpg

klocked
07-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey TJ,

For comparison, I hooked up with my 2 legals and a few more using a Shimano Stimula spinning rod rated medium power with a fast action tip using 20lb suffix perfomance braid. The hooks on my lc's will need to be replaced soon as they are starting to rust.

You'll get em next time for sure;)

Klocked

nunae5
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
:Smile::Smile:hey tackle junkie are u selling any of those lures if so how much

tacklejunkie
07-15-2008, 04:58 PM
:Smile::Smile:hey tackle junkie are u selling any of those lures if so how much

Check bass pro shops (or call for stock check) in Rancho Cucamonga (sp?)
for the American Shad, Aurora Black, Nishiki, Chartreuse Shad and sometimes the Ghost minnow color LCFM110's. I bought those two SWLCFM110 from fisherman's access before they moved their shop a few blocks west. I believe last I heard they had sold out, but might also want to call them and check as well. All the colors work at one time or another. just draw some funny lines and dots on it and make your own custom color. lol

Good luck. I try to buy a few when I find them as they are tough to locate without ordering from some crazy place.

"TJ Mack" pattern ;)
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/DSC_0029.jpg

chris
07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
that sux you lost the big ones, but i'm sure you'll get your revenge

Wingnut
07-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Casey, PM sent. ;)

shy_boxer
07-15-2008, 10:06 PM
TJ....don't be discouraged bro, atleast you got some love on the LC's. I replace the hooks on my LC's with Owner saltwater trebles. I have yet to lose a fish, however I haven't had much love on LC's as of late. You are right about your stick being a bit too stiff. Use a med action rod and you should have better results. Good luck next time mang.

Your custom mack pattern LC is sick! Did you use paint or magic marker?

bsp
07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah TJ use a medium heavy action cranking rod. You will not lose as many that way.

CrabMan
07-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Nice goin' TJ!

It seems like the butts are everywhere now. We've caught a couple this week on the open beach (on sand crabs, no less). I'm sure the reason for the hooks pulling out has to be your hooks need replacing (as you've done) or need to be sharpened. I mean really, how many fish have you caught on those hooks?:LOL: If you were tuna fishing would you keep using the same hook over and over?:ROFL:

The reason it's been hard to get the LC110 is that they have been discontinued. That lure was first designed for freshwater bass fishing. From the manufacturer's perspective it didn't work well in freshwater--and their sales were down--so they discontinued it. The good news is that we told them they made a big mistake and that they would hopefully sell a bunch on the West Coast for salt water fishing so they will reintroduce four colors of LC110s later this month.

I'm trying to cut a deal to get them at a discount and will let you know when and if they are available--maybe I'll also ask them to use some decent hooks!:ROFL:

rcfb73
07-16-2008, 01:37 PM
good job TJ,

i mananged to land one that went about 18 inches and farmed another that seemed smaller...busted my line when i tried to bring it in over the rocks...both on a dropshotted jerk shad.

thinkin about goin out again tomorrow who knows.

still no love on the LCs for me