PDA

View Full Version : pursuit

sardean
07-14-2008, 08:50 PM
I went out on the pursuit today.I wasnt expecting much to be honest. I have been on a lot of sportfishing boats in my life and the pursuit by far was one of the best.The skipper did a GREAT job moving the boat and we had a steady bite all day.catching fish was on his mind not fuel prices.the deck hands mike and gus are the best in the west.they knew their stuff. i got my limit on bass and bonita"wide-open." i ended up with jackpot a 7lb calico. i will definately go again and highly recomend the boat to anyone...

victor101
07-14-2008, 08:55 PM
if they didnt pack 70+ people on the boat...i would definately give it another try........

Custard
07-14-2008, 08:57 PM
if they didnt pack 70+ people on the boat...i would definately give it another try........

what boat would u go on?

rusty6
07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
i agree, the spitfire is one of the better boats in our area.

Custard
07-14-2008, 09:13 PM

the pursuit carries more people for a reason. think of it like a restaurant. If u have good food, people will go eat there and keep going back. if ur boat catches fish and has good service your going to have more people.

put the same amount of people on both boats and the pursuit will outfish the spitfire.

RyO K
07-14-2008, 09:29 PM
i agree. i acutally go on the pursuit weekly. Gus and Mike are very helpful deckhands and the captain will keep us on the fish all day. I highly recommened it on weekdays since the load is only about 30.

Re8elmonk0341
07-14-2008, 10:46 PM
I concur...The Pursuit is a great boat. The capt and crew work hard to get you fish. I landed my 1st YT on that boat and unlike most boats that Ive been on the deckhand is right there with you throughout the fight with that gaff in hand instead of fishing along side the paying customers. I must admit that sometime it gets crowded but a great boat and crew and a great boat and crew. If I still lived in LA county I would go on the boat every other weekend. hahahaha.

Oz
07-14-2008, 11:20 PM
congrats on ya JP calico :cool:

well never fished the pursuit and it looks like its a top notch boat but fishing with 70+ people isnt fun yet alone 40+....u cant say that pursuit can outfish the spitfire cause that boat is top notch too and hands down the crew of the spitfire makes there customers happy...just as someone said the deckhands are there as soon as u bounce your fish over the rail or need a gaff...bobby or morgan are there like your shadow to help u in any need. cant forget bout derek the galley guru...hands down the best food on any 3/4 day or overnight trip.

YAHOO!
07-14-2008, 11:45 PM
the pursuit carries more people for a reason. think of it like a restaurant. If u have good food, people will go eat there and keep going back. if ur boat catches fish and has good service your going to have more people.

put the same amount of people on both boats and the pursuit will outfish the spitfire.

thinking of it like a restaurant dbow on the spitfire makes the best food on any 3/4 day boat no argument at all

SOSO
07-14-2008, 11:58 PM

Ummm, who you agreeing with?:confused:

SOSO
07-14-2008, 11:59 PM
what boat would u go on?

Boats on "weekdays"

chris
07-15-2008, 08:51 AM
i would have to disagree and say these deckies are not the best in the west.
The capt will work hard to put you on fish , saving gas is not a concern when you book 400 full day fares a week.
I have rode this boat and the spitfire and the spitfire was better hands down

I am glad to see that other people like this boat and appreciate the report, but i don't like it when theres more room in the bait tank then on the rail

pokerface12
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Like I said this is a really popular boat, just get there early and your rewarded with a nice stern spot.

Liteliner
07-16-2008, 08:08 PM
I thought most people go on the pursuit cause its a full day boat.

Custard
07-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Like I said this is a really popular boat, just get there early and your rewarded with a nice stern spot.

i guess thats hard for people to understand.