PDA

View Full Version : Lopez 7/12-7/13

Sac au Lait
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Took my 10year old daughter up to the lake. Saturday she caught a 3lb rainbow thated looked liked it went to Barry Bonds trainer. Knocked that one out on 4 colors leadcore and a needlefish. Lake temp was 70+ and the trout bite took a dump after 8:00am. We caught a bunch of bass under the shad in a cove that was hopping with life. My friend had to leave for a wedding and offered to leave me the boat. I decided not to deal with all the launch ramp loonies and he towed the skiff home and we stayed to fish on the bank. We wound up catching a few more bass and 5 crappie to 1.5 lbs. Went to Morro bay to spend the night at my friends house . Kid and I dined on NE clambake with dungeoness crab, lobster, scallops, shrimp, clams and mussels steamed in white wine and butter. She ordered a vintage year apple juice and I had an ice tea with a fruity bouquet. Next morning we went back to the bank spot and caught 6 crappie to 2lbs a few more bass and some nice sized red ears. Around 10:30am I heard my kid scream and if your a parent it just chilled my whole being. A yellow jacket stung her on the side of the head. I removed the stinger, applied ice and packed everything up and hauled ***** to the general store and luckily they had topical benadryl and motrin. Relief was immediate and the swelling went down quickly. Don't leave home without it. I just recently removed it from my day pack. We decided to call it a weekend and to go look for some Santa Maria Bar B que on the way home. I used to fish like a maniac but now I just like to spend time with my kids.

soulsurfer
07-14-2008, 05:43 PM
thanks for the report....sorry about the bee sting, there were a lot of them up there. I was there a few days ago and saw the same thing. Lots of people were getting stung near my camp.

We didn't do as well as you guys...only one crappie to show for. But that's fishing. Were you using crappie jigs? I caught my on a bass spinnerbait. That's a first for me.

best regards

Soul

Sac au Lait
07-15-2008, 08:55 AM
we caught drappies on mini-jigs. You have to move if you don't get bit in 15-20 minutes.

fishfinder
07-24-2008, 10:21 AM
I must be a crappy Dad, cause i would have duct taped the bee sting and continued fishing.

Badfish2
07-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Took my 10year old daughter up to the lake. Saturday she caught a 3lb rainbow thated looked liked it went to Barry Bonds trainer. Knocked that one out on 4 colors leadcore and a needlefish. Lake temp was 70+ and the trout bite took a dump after 8:00am. We caught a bunch of bass under the shad in a cove that was hopping with life. My friend had to leave for a wedding and offered to leave me the boat. I decided not to deal with all the launch ramp loonies and he towed the skiff home and we stayed to fish on the bank. We wound up catching a few more bass and 5 crappie to 1.5 lbs. Went to Morro bay to spend the night at my friends house . Kid and I dined on NE clambake with dungeoness crab, lobster, scallops, shrimp, clams and mussels steamed in white wine and butter. She ordered a vintage year apple juice and I had an ice tea with a fruity bouquet. Next morning we went back to the bank spot and caught 6 crappie to 2lbs a few more bass and some nice sized red ears. Around 10:30am I heard my kid scream and if your a parent it just chilled my whole being. A yellow jacket stung her on the side of the head. I removed the stinger, applied ice and packed everything up and hauled ***** to the general store and luckily they had topical benadryl and motrin. Relief was immediate and the swelling went down quickly. Don't leave home without it. I just recently removed it from my day pack. We decided to call it a weekend and to go look for some Santa Maria Bar B que on the way home. I used to fish like a maniac but now I just like to spend time with my kids.

Wow that sucks.. Yellow jackets are no joke