PDA

View Full Version : Dana Sat evening 7/12

ikeman
07-13-2008, 04:45 PM
It's been a while since I have posted, I have actually done some good halibut fishing and as always, harbor fishing at Dana, but since I met a fellow FNN'er , thought I'd post and say hi. Congrats on your new child twin22's!

Took my son and Mitch down to Dana Harbor for the incoming tide. Arrived around 5:30pm and fished till 7:00pm. Started at the inside corner of the "pride of Dana" dock and hooked a nice spottie on the first cast. Caught a second on the second cast, then met Twin22's. Nice to meet you. I will pm you my number and we'll hit up some halis. We fished the wall and caught a few more. Brian was making his way to the Jetty and we had a nice talk. Thanks for showing my son the trick for snag relief! He was killing my jig supply. Just kidding, I'm just thankful he still wants to hang with his old man sometimes. Teenagers! Hope you did well on the Jetty.

Anyways, Mitch ended up with a halibut, and 3 spotties. Colin, my son, ended up with 1 sculpin and 2 spotties. I ended the evening with 6 spotties, 2 calicos, 1 sandie, and 1 sculpin.

Not a bad way to beat the heat. Typical catch for dana. All caught on 1/16 ball jigs w/3"Gulp minnows. Go to set up for inside the harbor. Sorry no pics, but I only carry a small fanny pack and usually fish in board shorts. No place for a camera or phone after carrying pliers.

crappiemike
07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Thnx For The Harbor Report..