PDA

View Full Version : De-Virginized Newport Bay

Troutman Dan
07-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Well I got talked into it last night. I made my first voyage into Newport Bay. My new roomate and friend took of last night to Newport so they could show me what I have been missing. As most know all I ever do is trout fish, so this was going to be an experience. We launched out of Newport Dunns and headed out. The first hour was slow as the tide was heading out. We where just hitting all the docks on the way to a spot the guys knew. My friend got the skunk of with a small spotty on a chartreuse grub. Then the bite went off. I finally got hit getting the first leagal spotty of many to come. Now I have fished the ocean before but only ever caught Macks. I got into everything last night. Here are some of the firsts I pulled in. I got my first Spotty, Sand Bass, Calico, Croaker, Barricuda and my Grand Prize was a White Sea Bass. I think I may be hooked. It was fun get bent with know idea what was on the other end. We where into alot of fish. My roomate pulled in a small halibit. Great and epic night for me. All fish CPRd for another day. I forgot my camera but the others took some pics I hope to get soon to add.

TMD

Finally here is a pic of my first spotty from this trip.

doyoufishmuch
07-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Nice job on your 1st outing. Im sure it wont be your last, that ocean is ADDICTING!

SanDimasLMB
07-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Spottie hunting is addicting. You'll soon be thinking about going out every day. They're one of the best fighting bay fish.

Good Job :Thumbs Up:

ikeman
07-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Nice job on your first outing. Newport Harbor is a great fishery. If Dana wasn't so close, I'd fish there regularly.

GeordyBass
07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Nice job on your 1st outing. Im sure it wont be your last, that ocean is ADDICTING!LOL i have gone to the ocean to sometimes,but i suck there!LOL...have no experience and no one to learn some of it!I'm not addicted!HAHAHAHA!

Nice job buddy...kill some fish!

Wingnut
07-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Nice job on your first of MANY salt adventures. :Envious: