PDA

View Full Version : how you store float tube ?

formosa
07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
just opened odc420 tube box, pump some air for it and looks great.i am ready for tubing.
and was wonder how you guy store your tube in the garage? space is limited. shall i hang
it on wall?

fibrelessfish
07-12-2008, 08:10 PM
You release the air and put it back into the 'bag' or something and when you need to use it, you take it out again and start pumping. In fact, most people don't pump the tube until they get to the shore of the lake/ocean.

But do remember to test out your tube the day before you head out to the lake/ocean with it... don't want to see yourself with a leak when you want to take it into the water now do you?

Flying
07-13-2008, 06:27 AM
You release the air and put it back into the 'bag' or something and when you need to use it, you take it out again and start pumping. In fact, most people don't pump the tube until they get to the shore of the lake/ocean.

That takes way too much time away from fishing.

I tube every week so the tube stays packed with gear and has air. I only deflate about 1/4 and hang it on the wall in the garage.

Only on Sierra trips will the tube get deflated all the way

Nessie Hunter
07-13-2008, 08:10 AM
I find it best to keep some air in the Tube (maintains shape & keep kinks/folds out of bladders)....

Unless you are traveling UP HILL to higher elevation (air in bladder WILL expand and 'POP')... Deflate if you are going to higher elevation or over a pass to get there.....

Mine is kept 3/4 or more full, hanging in garage (actually it is on the floor at the moment)... Adjust air according to where I am going.... Fill on site of launch....

Socal Bassman
07-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I have mine hanging up with 75% air.

fibrelessfish
07-13-2008, 01:02 PM
That takes way too much time away from fishing.

I tube every week so the tube stays packed with gear and has air. I only deflate about 1/4 and hang it on the wall in the garage.

Only on Sierra trips will the tube get deflated all the way

For you, might be. But to deflate and inflate should only take minutes. The original post asked how to store the tube and didn't say anything about fishing everyday.

pokerface12
07-13-2008, 08:50 PM
just opened odc420 tube box, pump some air for it and looks great.i am ready for tubing.
and was wonder how you guy store your tube in the garage? space is limited. shall i hang
it on wall?

No just put it back in the same box that it came from, cause you're never going to use it anyways.

formosa
07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
No just put it back in the same box that it came from, cause you're never going to use it anyways.

pf12 how about i put it back THE SAME BOX and sale to u as NIB, ha ha .
hey guys thanks for reply, going to hang on the wall with some air in it .

joe man
07-13-2008, 09:54 PM
pf12 how about i put it back THE SAME BOX and sale to u as NIB, ha ha .
hey guys thanks for reply, going to hang on the wall with some air in it .

You said that space was limited so if you want to you can store it in my garage. I will let you store it either with or without air.

tapeworm
07-14-2008, 07:15 PM

That was great! :ROFL: