PDA

View Full Version : Crowley and Rock Creek Lake

Fear No Trout
07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
After viewing Smitty's Perch Post, me and my two buddies were inspired to try Crowley
and see if we could get into some perch. The bite was extremely tough and we manage only to get about 25 in the about the 10" range. Water temps were over 80 degrees and the air temp was over 100. It was a scorcher.

Next day we went to Rock Creek Lake and found some relief from the heat by going to
higher altitude. While we're fishing a very large group from a Calvary Church from Chino set up next to us and had a bunch of kids. Most of them I could tell were just out for fun with their kids and not too savy about lake fishing. Considering they were not doing well, I gave all the kids a chance to reel in a bunch of trout using the "dreaded threaded" nightcrawler. The kids ages ranged from 3-10 years of age...watching the smiles on their faces....."Priceless".

Including a photo of a 3 pounder from Crowley using the "dreaded threaded".

Fear No Trout

diamondbear
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
GREAT REPORT , Fishing the two different lks. is quite an extreme from the weather standpoint , and helping the kids must of been cool . Those perch have been on my ajenda for a few years now when I can find the time , ha // db

steve092
07-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Beautiful fish!

I had a dream last night that I was fishing up North and I caught a Brown about 3 lbs.

Sucked when I woke up and I was still in SoCal.