PDA

View Full Version : Fishin' Folsom With "Grumpus"

Fisherman57
07-11-2008, 09:36 AM
My new friend Bob (Grumpus) had a chance to fish Folsom Lake recently and since he just got home from another fishing expedition to Minnesota, I thought I'd help him out and file his report from Folsom for him!

Bob and his buddy Mark worked the North Fork area and found their best fish on rock piles near steep drop off's in 10-15 feet of water.

Water was a very warm 78 degrees and the many fires in the area had the air quality very smokey and temps in the 90's.

They fished a few surface baits early but only had a few strikes and it seemed that the fish were not really interested in those....

They made the switch to plastics and started catching fish right away.

Bob scored most of his fish on a 4.5" Aarons Magic straight tail Roboworm with red and black flake.... thrown on 10 pound Trilene Maxx. Mark scored his fish on Pro Worms 4" fatties in pro gold with red flake.

They fished for about 5 hours and caught 11 bass... all were C&R'd.

Here's a few pics of his day at the lake.......... thanks for reading!

Bob (Grumpus)

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/grump001.jpg

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/grump002.jpg

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/grump003.jpg

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/grump004.jpg

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/grump005.jpg

one_leg
07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Bob, congrats to you and your buddy!!!

Look how low the water is up there!

Dana, when can we expect the Minnesota report?

O_L

Troutman65
07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Nice going on the bass Bob.

O_L, all the lakes are low these days :Beat Stick:

Thanks for the report.

TM65

Gmoney
07-11-2008, 10:34 AM
NICE
So cool to see a folsom report. Very Cool Pix
Thanks Thanks Thanks

I used to ride my bike there but wasnt much into fishing for fish at that that time. i was usually trying my luck trolling the beaches. My C&R counts went up dramatically once i got a drivers license.

also a great dating spot.....folsom has some excellent submarine races that you could "watch" from some secluded spots ;)

Actually Folsom is my first place i remember fishing with my pop. I remember the night time kitties with him and his buddies then cleaning fish the enxt morning.

thanks so much for this report.....brings back so many memories

G$

Wingnut
07-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Nice job "Grumpy Bob"! Never been to those parts but if I ever do and need a fishing guide, you're the guy! :Envious:

blackwater
07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the report and great pics!
Someday, when the fish i catch grow up, they will look that good to!
Keep on Posting!
BW

troutdog
07-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Way to go Bob, those are some nice looking greenies there! It is no wonder you caught them on Aaron's magic though(my namesake), they have always done me right! I'm obviously a little partial ;)

My Aunt and Uncle live in Nevada City and Grass Valley respectively, might have to hit Folsom lake on my way up here. Hoping to get up there with my daughter as I know the County Fair is right around the corner!

Thanks for sharig your day on the water here on FNN, I hope I see more reports from you in the very near future....any other lakes you could recommend in that area? I have fished Englebright and Scotts Flat Reservoir in the past...beautiful places to fish indeed!

TD

olfishergal
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Very nice fishies u got there........Never been to that lake but, must keep it in my list of "things to do" Any of you unmarried, older gents out there, got a boat? I will fish with you!!! Don't worry, not looking to get married, just FISH....Oh BTW if you have a boat, send pic of the boat......:ROFL: Yah Yah, I'm nuts, Thank God Team 57 keeps me in line......

congrats again on those beauties.......I am jealous!!!

OFG

Granny Fish
07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Bob, nice bass you got into there. I've never fished Folsom, but I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the area. :cool:

Olfishergal - :ROFL:
Never know... you may be the fish that gets caught one of these days.;)

ThemBastards
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
You made the right call with Aarons Magic, that stuff is magnetic. Nice Pics and fish Bob.

PONTOON
07-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Aw c'mon Dana, where do you get Bob the Grump from? Bob doesn't look grumpy at all to me!:D He looks quite happy about those bass. I'd be pretty happy if I had a day like that.

Nice looking bass Bob! Looks to me that you had a great day on the water.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up: .

Now is this the Folsom lake that is up near Roseville? I vaguely remember being there as a kid camping in the area with the family.

steve092
07-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Nice job on those bass!

trollmiester
07-11-2008, 08:14 PM
My best friend from high school has a home there,Plus i think a guy named johnny cash wrote a song about some building there.Thanx for the report a nice pictures. See you in the water.

sansou
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey! Like Pontoon says, you can't go by the name "Bob the Grump" if you're grinnin' like a Cheshire Cat! Looks like a very succesful day! Never been to Folsom Lake, seems like a pretty lake. Didn't Johnny Cash sing something about Folsom? Ha ha!!

Sea Monkey
07-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Great pics and I agree... Bob the Grump doesn't look grumpy at all!!!! Thanks for sharing your fish story!

olfishergal
07-12-2008, 07:18 PM
hey I just noticed what a grumpy smile looks like.........c'mere Bob musn't waste a smile like that :Envious: OFG

xtranzman
07-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Looks like a great day on the water to me.... Very nice bass........ Hell, they even brought a smile to the Grumps face...

Nice job out there guys....

X

Santa Fe Eric
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Beautiful Fish!:Envious:
I'm green with envy!
I think I would wear a big cheese grin too if I had a great day of fishing like that!

God Bless!
Santa Fe

Nhatster
07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
There's nothing grumpiness about those fish, very nice sir! :D