PDA

View Full Version : jetty help

megafisher94
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Im sure you all know the jetty you can see off to the right of seal beach pier. What kind of fish are there? Is it just like the wedge? any reports?

thanks for the help

flyngby
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I don't know what that rock pile is called but the channel to the right of N/W is the San Gabriel River and the Jetty to the right is in the middle of the River and Alamitos Bay Channel and farther to the right is the 72nd St. Jetty.

You will see the most reports from the 72 St. by folks targeting the Flatties. The middle Rocks will produce some perch at the beginning or start of the rocks and many folks go all the way out in search of the Bonita and Barracuda!!

It is the ocean though so almost anything is possible as Wingnut has consistently proven.

Good luck out there!!!!!!!!!!

calico killer kevin
07-11-2008, 09:12 AM
I know what jetty you're talking about. It's basically to the left of the Seal Beach Pier and down the street from Big Fish Tackle. I've been there twice for a short time, both on Saturday mornings and I've met the same group of hispanic guys there. There's lots of variety out there. They were pulling up buttermouth perch, walleyes, small halis, yfc's, and rays. They were using fresh shrimp too. They are nice guys, however I didn't once see any fishing liscenses and the worst part is that they keep anything and everything they catch. Also, be aware that only a small part of that jetty is open to the public because it's right next to some type of military base or something.

Good Luck,

Calico Killer Kevin

herekittykitty
07-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I know what jetty you're talking about. It's basically to the left of the Seal Beach Pier and down the street from Big Fish Tackle. I've been there twice for a short time, both on Saturday mornings and I've met the same group of hispanic guys there. There's lots of variety out there. They were pulling up buttermouth perch, walleyes, small halis, yfc's, and rays. They were using fresh shrimp too. They are nice guys, however I didn't once see any fishing liscenses and the worst part is that they keep anything and everything they catch. Also, be aware that only a small part of that jetty is open to the public because it's right next to some type of military base or something.

Good Luck,

Calico Killer Kevin

Is this the Jetty that you access from PCH, it has the evergreen building on the right hand side if you are heading towards Seal Beach from Huntington and the military place on the left hand side.

If so I have heard many good things about that place, hit it during low tide and from what I understand you can get an abundance of sand crabs and just slay em down there.

megafisher94
07-11-2008, 09:19 PM

Good Luck,

Calico Killer Kevin
no, its off to the RIGHT and it opens up alamitos bay

fish4keep
07-11-2008, 10:08 PM
You have got to be more clearer in your direction as to which jetty??? When you said RIGHT, are you referring to RIGHT when you are walking onto the pier or are you referring to RIGHT when you are walking off the pier???

The jetty to the south (east) of the pier is the jetty that opens to the HH. The jetties to north (west) are what flyngby had already mention opens to SG River and Alamitos Bay. But to answer your question as to what type of fish are there, is simply you can catch almost any inshore fish there: halies, croakers, sharks, rays, sargos, etc., etc....

CKK, you don't need a license to fish on that jetty. Poaching on any jetty and/or pier is very common. That's why I don't frequent around those areas. It makes me sick....

IslandBoi
07-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm sure he is talking about the jetty that is right down from Big Fish Tackle.....North side of the Navy dock

calico killer kevin
07-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm sure he is talking about the jetty that is right down from Big Fish Tackle.....North side of the Navy dock

That's what I was thinking, but apparently not. It's the jetty on the opposite side of the pier.

TShaffer
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
You have got to be more clearer in your direction as to which jetty??? When you said RIGHT, are you referring to RIGHT when you are walking onto the pier or are you referring to RIGHT when you are walking off the pier???

The jetty to the south (east) of the pier is the jetty that opens to the HH. The jetties to north (west) are what flyngby had already mention opens to SG River and Alamitos Bay. But to answer your question as to what type of fish are there, is simply you can catch almost any inshore fish there: halies, croakers, sharks, rays, sargos, etc., etc....

CKK, you don't need a license to fish on that jetty. Poaching on any jetty and/or pier is very common. That's why I don't frequent around those areas. It makes me sick....
all right sry about the directions

fish4keep
07-13-2008, 08:00 PM
all right sry about the directions

??????????

ikeman
07-13-2008, 11:32 PM
It's the one left of the pier, north of the Naval Jetties and south of the boat docks and between seal and bolsa. The one when you look south it is towards the north. Facing west it is east of the pier facining north of HH. LOL......!!!!!