PDA

View Full Version : What Plastics for calico/sand

otisdis
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I have been wanting to get some plastics to start using for the bass but I have no clue what to use. What are some good ones for them???

Zombie Bass ATTACK
07-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I have been wanting to get some plastics to start using for the bass but I have no clue what to use. What are some good ones for them???

for calicos,sandbass,spotties...i would use big hammer swimbaits,double a,s,pearl swimbaits..good colors in big hammers are well my fav is christmas tree in 5inch thats a great color and blood red..and anything white or something that resembles a bait fish.And in double a's chartruse is great and clear with red flake. and in pearl swimbaits white bottom silver top is great. anything in 5inch is a good natural size ..but 3inch might get you more bites...also what i love using are super flukes with a small darter jighead use a 5inch super fluke in pearl or pink just bounce them off the bottom in slow retrieve it works very well..you can get big halibut doing this also with flukes..or you can drop shot them.

ZBA

Ambassadorhawg
07-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Any color you like! I get bit on whatever I am throwing. Sometimes the color matters and sometimes it does not. Greens, browns, pearls, reds, blues, anything! But do have an assortment to experiment with...

I like 1/2, 3/4, 1 ounce swimbaits leadheads depending on the amount of current.

Ricky-Ray
07-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Berkley Gulp bait's work really well on them too.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
07-10-2008, 07:25 AM
My Favorite Plastic For All Spieces, Is The Large ,or Small Yamamoto Single Tail White With Black Specks(salt And Pepper) Grub ,with 3/8 Or 1/2 Lead Heads, Carolina Rigged ,and Drop Shotted. I Also Like Drop Shotting Flash Trix Minnows . The Small Bass Assn. In Green Back Is A Killer. Everything Hits Those Salt Pepper Grubs, Even The Yellow Fin Croakers.try Putting A Very Small Piece Of Fresh Squid On Your Hook With The Plastics.fresh Squid Only Not That Frozen Crap They Sell For Bait. If It Says Not Fit For Human Consumption Dont Even Bother .hope This Helps .good Luck ,and Peace Out.... Mike The Pmb......

pokerface12
07-10-2008, 03:12 PM
another thread that i waited days to chime in on.

WHAMS!!!!!!!!!

I agree, they work the best. This is what I normally use, FishTrap Whamms with a red leadhead. The red whamms work great also. I 've have caught plenty of sandbass,calicobass, and barracuda with them.
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk234/pokerface12/Fistrap.jpg

jbacsaf
07-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I'll second the Big Hammer and Berkley Gulp votes. Lately, I've had an itch to catch bigger bass, so I'll have to try the Whams.

paDDy
07-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I like using fishtraps. I could not tell you a exact color because it changes withthe water conditions and bait the fish are currently feeding on. Best bet is to pick up some natural colors and start from there.

I got this guy last week on a rainbow color big hammer I belive.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/bagged7104ss/7-9-08007.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/bagged7104ss/7-9-08009.jpg

Vman
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I like using fishtraps. I could not tell you a exact color because it changes withthe water conditions and bait the fish are currently feeding on. Best bet is to pick up some natural colors and start from there.

I got this guy last week on a rainbow color big hammer I belive.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/bagged7104ss/7-9-08009.jpg

Nice fish. Nice photo too. I am downloading this shot for my archive ( how I get my fix when I can't get out to fish ). Thanks.

fishmounter
07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
White and chartruse Fat Ika with a 1/4 oz, screw in tail weight. OMG! Perfect squid, octopus imitator! Drop this down in kelp or down alongside of bay pilings and jig it back up. Hang on to your rod! Keep this to yourself...

Beeracuda211
07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Nice fish Paddy... the reason you can't tell us about what color to use is because your color blind... LOL Farmy said he wanted to eat your bass.. lol

B/C

paDDy
07-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Nice fish Paddy... the reason you can't tell us about what color to use is because your color blind... LOL Farmy said he wanted to eat your bass.. lol

B/C

Leave me alone! Don't make fun... I love it when you guys ask "what color its on" and i tell you and you look at me like "What an A hole, liying to our face". It sucks being colorblind!!