PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierra Trip #3 of the Summer

brant
07-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Long story short:
Thursday Tubed Rock Creek Lake - 10 or so on an olive matuka. 1 holdover that was great

Friday - Crowley - turning over was not good. Maime - 20+ stockers on all sorts of streamers. Gull Lake - a few stockers but did see a 5+ German Brown on powerbait landed

Saturday - fished with Sierra Drifters Guide Service. For those of you who don't know them, they are fantastic. Have previously float-tubed and drifted down the owens river.
This trip was dry flies at adobe ranch and then the upper owens with nymphs. Fishing was good on the Upper Owens. They just seem to fight better in the River. Then the true treat of this trip - nymphing on hot creek. Caught 1 and the fight lasted for minutes. I will let the picture speak for itself on the quality of the fish up there. All I can say was it is a memory that will last a lifetime...not to mention the fish managed to pull me into the river.

Sunday - Intake 2 was slow. Went to North Lake and managed 1 alpers and a few natives mixed in with some hold-overs. all on orange woolly buggers. Sadly, broke my sage rod in the process.

ALL FISH WERE SAFELY RELEASED.

chris
07-08-2008, 07:41 PM
nice fish bummer about the rod

WAVEMHOME
07-08-2008, 09:42 PM
What a beast! Congrats.

troutkiller562
07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
nice fish bro...... sounds like a fun trip.......

Badfish2
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
That is a strong looking fish, bet it put up a fight from hell. Good job landing it..

troutdog
07-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Beautiful fish, congrats!

TD