PDA

View Full Version : Cuda's 7-7 08

chris
07-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Marina Sport Fishing has a kids fish free special on the half day City of Long Beach so I woke my 5 year old to go ride the big boat. Left Hesperia at 4:15 got to the landing around 6 and got great corner spots in the back. It was a little scary with all the jig throwin but i went over the safety rules with Gryphon several times on the ride down to the fish. Anyways it wasn't as wide open as it was over the weekend but i got a couple on A green mackeral pattern croc and lost a couple on 12# flylining sardines. I wish I would have had a better camera the jackpot was a nice log. The boat's crew was helpful and one of the deckhands had a knack for casting other peoples poles and hookin up instantly even during the slow bite. I really hope to get Gryph out again next week, he seemed reallly content to just feed the birds fallen bait after he got the guts out.
here's one camera phone shot of Gryph and my gaffed cuda next to my new luna/loomis combo
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/chris419/0707081049.jpg
the KC hat was his lil league team and in no way shape or form reflects our families view on baseball

JapanRon
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Chris,

Great job getting the kid out early. You're right-on in just letting the kid do his own thing (with super-supervision) safely and little to no pressure to fish, fish, fish !

Hangin' with dad will become more important than what you're doin' !!

JapanRon

steve092
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Nice cuda!

Ricky-Ray
07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Definitely agree with JapanRon on this one. Getting the kid out early and letting him enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing.

chris
07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Chris,

Great job getting the kid out early. You're right-on in just letting the kid do his own thing (with super-supervision) safely and little to no pressure to fish, fish, fish !

Hangin' with dad will become more important than what you're doin' !!

JapanRon

i hope so. it is really,really easy to spend a quality day together just the 2 of us when out fishing

troutdog
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Nice going Chris, nothing beats getting the kids on fish! Hope to see more pics of the two of you on the salt this summer....maybe my daughter and I can join you!

TD