PDA

View Full Version : Night time at the wall

fishhead
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Beak and I launched the "SnookHunter"at around 6pm on Monday night..had plans to fish an outside spot but the wind was bad and it was kinda crappy..so we did a FAST drift inside..Erik got 3 bass in a row followed by a 8lb class halibut..I finally started to get a few but Beak was all about numbers..we fished another area that we usually can get them to bite the crankbait but not now..the water was cleaner but not many bites..Erik got one calico off a crank..the wind never shut down so we made the choice to try to fish outside..we got a little wet but I got a chance to put on my new slicks..my old ones I've had since 92'..These are nice for sure.Erik got a just short seabass on a big Pearl swimmie and a handfull nice sandbass and calicos..I got a few as well..we ended up with over 20 bass and a variety pack of whatnot..ALL fish released ..even his butt.
We kinda like not having to cut fish at 12 am..

JapanRon
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi fishhead,

Nice job all around. Nice looking sportcoats !!

Thanks for the report and pics,

JapanRon

fishhead
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks Ron,they were bitting the weird baits not the norm at all.It was cool trying different tails than im use to.

bsp
07-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Try some big wake baits next time. You may be surprised at what bites them. Congrats on the fish!

sonic
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Nice job on the releases.