PDA

View Full Version : Bad fishing experience Marina Del Rey Sport Fishing

Fishmeister
07-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I would not recommend this Boat to any one, Marina del rey sport fishing, boat called "Betty O Rock Cod" Boat Captain and crew were very rude, One crew member was walking around helping people was asking everyone for a tip, you dont ask people for a tip, you wait for one to be given to you for a good work. We were swiming 70% of the time searching for fish. And in the end of the trip, crew member accused me of stealing his fish.

This boat sucks and I will never go on it again!!!

samgann93
07-07-2008, 07:31 PM
that sux. sorry about the bad trip.

thanxs for the info. i wont waste my time.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
07-07-2008, 07:33 PM
i did not understand anything you just said..you guys were swimming?? you mean searching or moving??..you did not explain anything on how the crew were so rude ??? or you did not explain how the deck hand thought you stole his fish?? if you want us to be on your side you have to explain yourself and be more upfront and informational not just the crew was rude the end.Not shooting you down just be more informative. For all we know from your thread you could of been the bad guy.

ZBA

victor101
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
LOL....the Betty-Oz. I very much agree with you on this boat. Ive been on it a couple times hoping i was there on the wrong day but all my experiences on this boat have been the same. SLOOOOOW fishing....bad crew...

Next time you have a WEEKDAY free, jump on the New Del Mar. Great captain and crew.

Matador1238
07-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I agree with Victor101.... i have never had a good fishing trip with the Betty'O. The crew is OK but the chef and the captain suck balls. The Cap doesnt try or care to get you on fish. All he cares about is to save fuel... I would only get on that boat if New Del Mar was chartered which left me no choice.

KID-FISH
07-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I have heard the same bad stuff about that boat for a long time now, bad captain and slow fishing...too bad. I don't think I will ever take that boat after hearing so much negative feedback.
A bad experience is all it takes to ruin a fishing trip :Crying:.

JapanRon
07-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Fishmeister,

Before I take a 'comment' such as yours to heart, I ..... like another poster ...... want to hear all the grisly details ..... specifics ..... exacmples ..... names ..and most of all your ..... PAIN described in a logical sequence of events.

Doing that would incourage me to either 1) avoid the operation (boat w/specific skipper and HIS crew or 2) go on the boat to see if the experience was as bad as said and which-ever the case ..... do a monster JapanRon report on the trip !! Unfortunately there are not enough specifics to make a comparison ! Yes I do take into account others opinions too !

JapanRon

BassButcher
07-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree!!! I've been on this boat a couple times and it was a bad experience!!! The worst part was they only had one bucket of squid which they made us cut ourselves!!!!!!!! After that, I was talking **** the whole time. Don't get me started on the captain, he's a freakin idiot. Had to reset the anchor 4 or 5 times on every spot just to get it right and his spots were still whack. Never again...

cappo
07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Thats one boat I would never go on again. Boat is slow and ancient. Crew was ok, but that was 2yrs ago.

troutdog
07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Seems to be a general trend and I trust the majority of opinions here, with that said I don't need the specifics with all the other feedback....thanks for the heads up and I'll stick to the Del Mar if I do Marina Del Rey!

TD