PDA

View Full Version : King harbor 7-5

bonitoboy
07-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Launched at about 730am. Tide was really low, had to launch from the water and jump in. Really ugly out there. Usually the water is pretty clear can see down to about 5 ft. Water was brown and full of trash. I wonder if the fireworks show had anything to do about this? Millions of litterers come down and trash the place. Any way, water conditions were terrible, but was able to manage 1 sand bass. I have the picture on my camera phone, but I am unable to download this via email, bluetooth, infrared. I can share through MMS, so if anyone wants help me download this pic I would greatly appreciate it. PM me and I will send you the photo.

Anyone notice that the lifeguard/red boat people are getting little *****-holish. I have been going to kings harbor in the same boat for like 15 years, i have been run up by harbor patrol and this red boat maybe 3 times. I have been fishing king harbor this summer almost every weekend since May and every weekend I have been run up by these guys checking for PFDs. THis is like the 10th time since may. During free fishing day, i took my little sister out on the boat, and of course they ran up on us asking to see our life jackets ( we were wearing them, if this any indication of how *****-hole these guys were.) They then began to harass us by asking us for our fishing license. I told them that it was free fishing day and that fishing license are not required. They responded "what's that? , never heard of it." Incredible, I am telling these guys that it is free fishing day. I promptly told my sister who was trying to explain to these guys what free fishing day was to stop talking to these a--holes and continue fishing. I asked these guys if they were done with us and that I would like to cont. fishing, they proceeded to bump my boat rather than back away. Jerk on board told me that the "hope you catch some kelpfish"

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

. Jerk on board told me that the "hope you catch some kelpfish"

Sorry bout the jerks there...I haven't fished there in quite a while but I fiashed there for many years...never really had that problem...I've been there in my boat, rentals etc...never any problem.

Is it possible it's the volunteer coast guard old foggies harrassing ya ? I've noticed crews of them out and about from Pyramid,castaic lakes to Newport harbor.

I know they do have a harbor patrol boat that's red as well, in fact I've ridden on it when I hepled with the firworks show 2 years ago, they were all real nice, especially the female lifegaurd...I beleive her name was Susan.

Anyway...don't let it get ya down.....

P.S.
Try the late afternoon/evening....100 yards west of the bait receiver and about 300 yards from the jetty for flatties....2 other spots about 100 yards on either side of the suction tower bouy....look for the sandy shoal....you can spot it if you cruise slow near the jetty....water drops from about 11' to 20 in a u shape....Flattie hwy....

I know ya didn't ask for advice but try these spots.....you may like the outcome....it's ashamed the bonies haven't come back : (

Gary

megafisher94
07-08-2008, 07:36 AM
sorry dude sounds horrible, i guess there was no one around to harass so you guys were the lucky winners