PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake on July 8,9, & 10

Fear No Trout
07-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Heading up to Crowley Lake starting Tuesday, July 8th, 9th and 10th. This is my first trip to Crowley this year. I will be targeting the Sacramento Perch. I will take my camera and hope I have some luck in catching those delectable morsels.

Fear No Trout

one_leg
07-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Corey, have a great time up there and the best of luck to you sir!

FishPrincipal
07-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Heading up to Crowley Lake starting Tuesday, July 8th, 9th and 10th. This is my first trip to Crowley this year. I will be targeting the Sacramento Perch. I will take my camera and hope I have some luck in catching those delectable morsels.

Fear No Trout
I just got back from there yesterday. The perch are at Leighton Springs and Green Banks Bay. Your best bet is on a boat or some other floatation device. We were float tubing and caught 17 good size perch between the three of us within a few hours. Pics will be up tomorrow. They are in the weeds towards the bottom. We first tried in the thick weed section but it was hard to get the jigs all the way down. We went a little deeper where it was not as thick, at the surface at least, and had much better luck. We used Wooly Curltail jigs, redish brown with chartreuse tails, and also put silver crappie nibbles on them. Good luck to you.