PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fishing Info on the Kings River

wellfairfisherman
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum or not....I don't think this is classified as Northern or So Cal....

Well the woman has a trip planned for us leaving 6-11 to go camp at her friends 40ft trailer at the "Club Royal Oak" campground at the Kings River, I guess its in Kingsburg and right outside of Fresno.....
http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/1/0/9/9/club_royal_5.jpg
I'm looking for any fishing info I can get....I'm planning on towing my little 13ft boat down there from O.C. but am not sure if its worth it or not.....I see a dam but am not sure if its accesible from the ramp at the campground or if there's any bass fishing below it.....
http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/1/0/9/9/kings_river_kingsburg.jpg
She called her friend yesterday and she said that the water level was pretty high....Is there any lakes around there that I can launch and fish?......It would be really cool to catch a few bass while we're there, but don't want to be draggin my lower unit in the sand all day........Appreciate any info.....

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
07-06-2008, 08:23 AM
You may want to check out Pineflat Res. for smallmouth bass. There was a program that was transferring the small mouths from Shaver Lake and it seems they have had good success.
The Kings River bass fishing is hit and miss. But what do I know, I prefer the trout action below Pineflatt dam or above the res. on the Kings River.
Good luck

wellfairfisherman
07-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Sounds good.....Trout and smallmouth fishin would be cool, I figured the water was too warm for trout...

Is there good spots to fish from shore? Trying to figure out if its worth it or not to drag my boat down there. Its going to be a 3 hr drive and I don't want to tow it down there and not be able to use it.....Thanks

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
I've had pretty good luck fishing near the dam for both trout and small mouth. The trout are deep while the smallmouths are more into structure. Bringing the boat will better your odds at catching fish.