PDA

View Full Version : 7/5/08 NBU ninja Redondo Special

k3vin_kim
07-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Went ninja style on the Special this morning. Nothing extraordinary happened today. Just the usual suspects. We headed to Rocky point in search of bass but ran into a gang of cudas.

Eric in the wheel house, Taurus and Ryan on deck and Rick in the galley.

Some newb caught a ling that was on the legal line.

I ended up catching a mixed bag.

3 Calico's
7 Barry's (1 legal)
2 White fish
5 Starry's
10 Mac's.

Shabby.

and a picture of lizzy b'cuz this post bored the **** out of me.

JSAUCE818
07-05-2008, 04:05 PM
good job man, way to go.

Ambassadorhawg
07-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey K3v,

What happened to their awesome Sand bass bite they had been having???

k3vin_kim
07-05-2008, 07:50 PM
ha, that's funny you mention that Mike, that's the whole reason why I took that boat today. The Special had been having gang busters on the sandies in the AM so of course when I buy a ticket for that trip... not a single sand bass was caught.

Murphy's law i guess.

Ambassadorhawg
07-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I hate when that happens! Feeling up to trying it again on Tuesday??? I am gonna go after them babies where ever the bite is going on... be it a Redondo, San Pedro or Long Beach boat. Half day or 3/4, I am game!!!

JapanRon
07-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi k3vin_kim,

Can't win 'em all !! I hear where you're coming from !! We want Bass, We want Bass !! I'm sick of the gar although the first one is always fun !! Second less so, third ... my mind wanders as to ........ how to get through the gar to the Bass !!

I try to catch a bunch to up the count so we'll have enough to placate people when we move to fish the Calicos !!

Shouldn't complain ...... next month .... if the action is down .... I'll be whinning 'Where'd all the cuda go?'. ha ha ha

Nice report and pics .... thank you,

JapanRon

one_leg
07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
k3vin, way to go on the albaco.........oh, um, nevermind..................j/k

Please tell Mina and the girls that One_Leg says hello.

Thanks for the report.

O_L

troutdog
07-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Always nice to be out on the salt even when everything does not go as planned, thanks for the report and pics. Hope to see you out there this summer.

TD

k3vin_kim
07-06-2008, 09:09 PM
k3vin, way to go on the albaco.........oh, um, nevermind..................j/k

Please tell Mina and the girls that One_Leg says hello.

Thanks for the report.

O_L

you bastard.

gallogg
07-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Kev,

Nice report and pics as always.

I assume that you are going on Old #7 on 25th, so can you make it on my Westerly charter next day?

Sammy