PDA

View Full Version : Makooooooo

Invid01
07-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Well my job decidedd that I did not have to work on the 4th so went with my neighbor Dan and a few rugrats from the block to try a little sharking. Left the dock around 5:30am and man it was foggy out of Huntington harbor. Made our way to the LB break wall to catch bait and then out to deep water about 6 miles out.

About 45 minutes after dropping the chum bucket Dan hooked into something that went right through the line. Then an hour after all the bait fish afound us scattered and a flash in the water. My line took off then slack, then Dans went off. After about a 15 minute fight (mind you he only had 50 lb test and mono at that ) he brought to the boat a small mako 4 1/2 but he was all smiles. I think that was the biggest fish he ever caught.

We were drifting and getting close to the shoe in about 150 ft of water when I told every one we were gonna head back at noon. Went to shake the chum one last time and noticed the bait ball was gone again. Then my line went off. After about a 15 min fight and being called names that I wont say, for my inability to bring the fish to the boat or show color I tried to remind them that this is not the same size shark as the other. About that time it jumped and that shut all up. After about 20 more minutes 3 more jumps and 2 gaff attemps we landed him in the boat. One of the kids wanted to club it despite me informing him that that will only wake it up wakked it in the head. It went green. Then all hell broke loose for the next 5 minutes. Sometime during the meylay my camera got dropped and broke.

All and all it was a decent trip everyone on the block had something else to put on the BBQ that night.

Till next time ,See you on the water

Shark Bait

chris
07-05-2008, 09:51 AM
awesome!
i remember first hand what happens when a shark gets "woken up" after coming aboard...
what fun

Normalfellow
07-05-2008, 10:45 AM
nice work! they taste great and the little ones taste even better

Funjunkie74
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Great story!
Did you know even if your camera is broken, you should be able to get the images from the memory card inside...unless you're using film...then it's a different story.

FJ74