PDA

View Full Version : Tips for surffishing San Clemente

copeyboy
07-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey all, I'm heading out to San Clemente on the 17th of this month and staying for 4 days. My bro-in-law and I are planning on doing some surfcasting, so I need advice on where to go and what to use to get on some fish. Any advice would be much appreciated. If anyone is planning on going down there on any of those dates, let me know. Maybe we can meet up. Thanks.

pipelayer5150
07-05-2008, 03:40 PM
hey what part of san clemente r u staying at theres a wide varriety of places to fish down there. One of my favorites is down by the mobile homes just off the freeway by the power plants. if youre staying in northern clemente try goin up to doheny and throwing lucky craft or swim baits into the surf for big perch and theres usually a decent amount of hali's down there hanging out too. other then that wandering up and down the beach by the pier and carolina rigging sand crabs or fish crack should get you some bites too, remember to use the lightest line youre comfortable with in the surf.

copeyboy
07-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks, man, we're camping at San Mateo and are open to heading to any number of places to get our fish on. Thanks again for the advice.